Chapter 4

Mauve

Mauve

Today is Saturday and I'm out enjoying my day off with my two friends. We've been to the nail shop, the mall, and grabbed something to eat at In-N-Out Burger.

Currently we're in Jada's car heading to the beach to chill after a day of running around. On the way there, of course Abel is the topic of conversation.

He became the topic when my phone sent me an Instagram notification about having a new follower. Following along with that, I was spammed with likes. You guessed right, all of the notifications were from Abel.

My eyes nearly popped out my head and I choked on my sweet tea in the car making a scene. I don't know how Abel found my instagram and why he thought it was a smart idea to like my pictures, but that's the opposite of staying low key.

"Momo, out here taking niggas like LET ME GET THAT UP OFF YOU SIS!" Jada sticks her tongue out, grabbing on the steering wheel dramatically.

"We told you that man wants some of that ass Mauve." Ricky laughs and I shake my head.

They're so hyped about this and I'm just feeling normal. I didn't take anything. Abel came to me so I don't feel like there's a need to be so amped up.

"I wonder if his dick is big?" Jada glances over and back at Rick and I.

Ricky kisses his teeth. "Have you not heard this man's music?! I know he is slangin' something with them freaky lyrics. Mauve you gotta let us know something."

This is what I deal with. These two are being so over the top for no reason... I know he has to have a big package though. I can feel it.

"Y'all are being so extra." I nonchalantly brush off everything.

My friends calm down for a few seconds and the ride becomes chill again. Out of nowhere my phone rings from in lap and I look downward to see the name.

Jada glances over seeing it too. "Ouuu, Momo, your daddy is calling."

When she refers to Abel as my "daddy" I laugh motioning my index finger over my mouth for them to shut up.

Having silence in the car now, I raise the phone to my ear.

"Hey Abel." I pick up the phone.

"Hey baby girl, what are you up to right now?" He asked.

I look out the window at the scenery. "On my way to the beach with my friends. What's up?"