Chapter 14

Mauve

Mauve

It's been nearly a month since I've called things off with Abel and it's been completely awkward. He's been really good at this professional thing. I rarely see him around the house, he doesn't talk to me as if we never got to know each other, and suddenly him and Christina seems happy together. They're sharing little kisses around the house, laughing, and bonding.

Just the other day he surprised her with a new Chanel bag and I'm pretty sure they went to her office for a more than talking. It's not like I care though. I'm happy for them. It's just kinda boring not having much to do besides my actual job now.

I'm pulling up outside of their place ready to start my day attending to the kids. As usual I park in the driveway on the left side, but it's a white BMW in my spot. I wonder who's here visiting? Maybe a relative.

I park my car on the other side before heading in. Making my way to the kitchen, I overhear giggling as I enter the room. The kitchen was empty, but the echoes of laughter leads to one of the living room areas. I shouldn't follow it because obviously knowing Abel's laugh, I know he's in there too, but I can't seem to figure out who's the other person.

Doing the opposite, I walk that way. I didn't see Christina's car outside and the other voice sounds like a woman. Peeking around the corner before walking in, I find Abel and a beautiful foreign like girl sitting close on the couch. She looks around my age, has long curly hair, and looks like she has a nice body. Who is she?

"Good morning Mr

"Good morning Mr. Tesfaye." I greet Abel suddenly.

He flashes a smile. "Morning Ms. Mcculre."

The mystery girl stares at me not saying a word. Her starts from my feet and up. I want to blurt out asking what the hell is she looking at, but I walk away heading upstairs to greet the kids before preparing their daily breakfast. Walking across the banister, I look over at the two again on the couch.

She's rubs Abel's leg while giggles about whatever their speaking on. Now I know this isn't a relative. I know it's not my place to care anymore, but I just want to know who she is. I'll just sip my tea and mind my business though.

_______________________________

Later that day

After playing around with the girls, I'm finally done for the day. I grab my purse from and keys heading down the long foyer to exit. Standing at the door being nearly face to face is Abel and the mystery girl. I try not to make things awkward by politely saying excuse me to get by. They both make room for me, but Abel calls out my name causing me to stop before leaving.

"I almost forgot to introduce you to Kennedy. She's our new maid so you'll be seeing her a lot around here now." He informs me.

Kennedy smiles looking at me as if she's sizing me up. She's nearly Abel's height so I'm feeling like a pony next to a stallion. I smile back saying it's nice to meet her before heading out the door to my car.

A maid?! Abel hired a hot maid? I can't believe Christina even let that happen. Before I even started anything with Abel, she was being pushy and insecure. Now she's okay with this? I'm not saying she shouldn't be, but this doesn't seem right.

All of a sudden, after I called things off with Abel, he hires another girl to come work around the house. He admitted that he picked me for the job because he thought I was attractive so he's probably doing the same thing. It's like he's replacing me.

Driving home, I tap my finger on the wheel trying to think of anything else besides Abel basically replacing me. I'm not jealous or anything, but it's clear he did. She was so close to him, rubbing his leg, and laughing at everything he said. And now I have to work with her and see this everyday... Maybe it won't be that bad. I probably won't even notice she's there.

This was just a short filler for the book. What do you think will happen next?

Vote, comment, and recommend. Be sure to check out my others books too. You guys have been showing mad love to all of them lately! Thanks for reading bb's 💖

Next update coming soon.