Chapter 17

Abel

Abel

I've been busy for two weeks straight now. I've been working hard to finish my album and make videos for some of my singles daily. It actually feels good to be back focusing on my music. My new album After Hours will be less daytime music and more dark like my older projects.

Right now I'm at home in my studio listening to one of the last songs I've finished up. After I perfect this record, I'll be ready to drop.

When it's said, when it's done, yeah
I would never let you know (Let you know)
I'm ashamed of what I've done, yeah
When I look at you

The chorus starts to play as I watch Mauve dance. She swings her hips from side to side with her arms up in the air. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, she holds out her hand for me to join her.

I chuckle before taking her the hand to dance. We both sillily dance together before I pull her in my arms pressing myself against her.

"I guess you like my song?" I asked, kissing her cheek.

She turns around to face me nodding her head. "I love it. Not more than Blinding Lights though."

My hands caresses her small waist as I smirk. "Is it because I fucked you right to that track?"

She starts to blush before laughing. "Maybe..."

"Maybe that's how you could get me to like this one more too." She teases, looking at me through her long eyelashes.

Mauve has been in here with me for about an hour, enjoying herself listening to my music. We've been having a lot of fun together doing so. Her company makes me feel complete.

Before I could answer, the loud sound of one of my garages opening rumbles through the house. Christina's home early today.

"Or maybe not." Mauve starts to move around.

Not only have I been busy, but Christina has too. We haven't had the time to talk about how our kids feel about her.

I want to discuss the issue with her, but I know how it's going to go. She'll get offended and start a heated argument which will display more problems to the girls.

"I'll talk to her." Mauve says suddenly as if she was reading my mind.

"How did you know I didn't want to confront her?" I questioned.

Mauve laughs, "You're not the only one who's been studying the person you're in love with."

Her answer makes me smile. Hearing her say that she loves me makes me feel like the happiest man in the world. It's even cute that she's studying me how I told her I study her. Learning about the person you've fell for is my kind of love.