Chapter 15

Abel

Abel

Since Christina has been out of town with her team this week, I've been enjoying some me time by myself. Lately she's been all over me and it feels weird. Every touch, kiss, and conversation feels even more forced now. I had gotten use to Mauve and giving her all my affection, but now since that's done I have to readjust.

Currently I'm sitting at the island waiting on my surprise breakfast to be cooked. Kennedy wanted to practice her cooking skills and suggested that she make something for me today. I watch her move around slinging her long curly hair while humming that new annoying Justin Bieber song my girls love.

"You're going to love my recipe." She says cheerfully. "It's totally vegan too."

"I've never tired the whole vegan thing." I raise my brow skeptically.

She chuckles assuring that I'll like it. Just then, I hear familiar footsteps echoing down the hall coming into the kitchen. It's Mauve dropping her set of keys back into her purse looking downwards. When she looks up, she looks around confused like at the sight of Kennedy cooking.

"Good morning y'all," She speaks politely. "I didn't know I'd have a delay on my daily schedule already."

She drops her purse down on the island peering at me for a second. I chuckle to myself. She obviously doesn't like what's going on and has no problem with saying it. That's the blunt girl I know.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I was just making Abel this new vegan breakfast recipe I learned." Kennedy apologizes.

Mauve tosses one hand on her slim waist putting all her pressure on to her left side. I tried to resist looking at her perfect body, but I couldn't. She's so fucking thick.

"It's ok, I guess the kids can wait until you finish playing Hell's Kitchen." Mauve snidely smiles.

Every since Kennedy has been here, Mauve has been popping off at anything she does out of order. I tried to explain to her that she's new and learning, but that didn't help. If I didn't know any better I'd say she's envious. She gives me unreadable stares when I'm around Kennedy and she makes it obvious that she isn't fond of her.

"I guess you could start doing something else until then." Kennedy boldly suggest now looking at Mauve.

The two have a stare down for a second until I cleared my throat to break it up. To Mauve, I suggest checking on Aspen first maybe getting him a bottle or something. She turns around peering at me again with her beautiful brown eyes.

She points behind her. "Can I speak with Mr. Tesfaye?"

I nod, getting up following the direction she's pointing in. We step into the living room together and instantly Mauve starts to complain about Kennedy of course.

"Did you hire a maid or a chef?" She asked rhetorically.

"Doesn't matter." I answer dryly.