Chapter 7

Mauve

Mauve

It's been two weeks since I quit my job working as Abel's and Christina's babysitter and I've already have three new job offers. Now all I have to do is pick one. All the offers pay good money and aren't too much of a task.

Lately, I've just been back to chilling with my family and friends daily. Right now I'm in my mama's room bothering her before I head over to Jada's house.

My mama just so happened to ask about me quitting my job and I looked at her for a few seconds thinking of what to say. Of course I'm not going to tell her the truth so I had to make something up fast.

"I was reconsidering about college." I lie making a smile grow on her face.

"Really?" She questions happily. "That's great, the earlier the better."

That's a lie too. The earlier is not the better. I still feel so unprepared for the college lifestyle for some reason. I know I can survive on my own, but I just wasn't feeling it. I have my own ideas so after my second semester I dropped out. Well... took time off.

She starts to ramble about school and I pretend to listen. I occupy myself on my phone as she continues to talk. In the midst of scrolling down my timeline on Instagram, I receive an incoming text. A text from the fake ass himself.

Abel has been blowing up my phone for weeks now. He hits me up everyday and I ignore him by putting my phone on do not disturb. Sometimes it doesn't work because he'll take contacting me to my dm's on instagram or even emailing me.

Mr. Tesfaye 🤥🖕🏽:
Are you really going to ignore me forever? I fucking miss you.

I read over the text debating if I should reply or not. I got time today, fuck it.

You shouldn't be missing hoes like me. Stop texting me before your insecure wife checks your phone.

Abel starts to type, replying quickly.

Mr. Tesfaye 🤥🖕🏽:
I didn't know you could hold a grunge for so long. Stop being like that and come and see me today please. 🙄

I snicker to myself looking at the emoji he sent. Abel is such a brat. How are you begging for me after you bashed me?

Mr. Tesfaye 🤥🖕🏽:
No one is here besides me and the kids. They really want to see you one more time... I'm desperate to see you too.

I read over the text and think about what Abel just sent me. I don't care about him being desperate to see me, but I do miss the kids. Being around them everyday made me grow close to them.

Aspen was a doll and the girls were like my two little favorites. Maybe seeing them one more time wouldn't be bad.

I'll stop by to see them but fuck you.