Chapter 12

Abel

Abel

I try not to panic and think clearly. Luckily, Mauve and I have prepared for this... kind of. One day we were joking about getting caught messing around and we low key made up a plan. I'm not sure if it'll work because things didn't happen exactly how we expected, but why not to give it a try.

Christina will usually go straight to her office when she's back from a meeting to file her work. This will hopefully save me time to see how can I fix this. The plan is that Mauve will be seen leaving to stall Christina with small talk while I go up to the girls room and try to make sense of what they've seen. This could end badly.

Without saying anything else, we get to moving. I rush the girls upstairs while Mauve goes to the kitchen to pretend that she's gathering her things to leave.

I shut the girls door behind me and chuckle nervously. Their faces are unreadable as they stare at me.

"So..." I sigh clasping my hands together. "What you just seen back there-" I'm suddenly cut off from loud cheering and giggling from my daughters.

"I knew you loved Mauve daddy! I knew it!" London smiles happily.

Her sister rolls her at her. "I said it too." Paris chimes in.

My mouth nearly drops from their reactions. I can't believe they're... happy? My kids are happy they seen me kissing Mauve? Am I living in a stimulation?

"Well, we knew you had a crush on Mauve." London rolls her eyes right back at her.

"You're always staring at her like guys do on those romance movies mom watches." She mentions.

Paris nods agreeing with her sister. "She's the best person in the world, who wouldn't love her?" She shrugs her shoulders.

I knew my princesses were smart, but they're really fucking smart and observant I see. I don't even know what to say right now. This is kind of fucked up.

I sigh and shake my head. "But, what you seen me do wasn't good. What I did could hurt your mother."

I'm not going to lie to them. What I did was wrong, but it feels right. I don't want them thinking it's okay for me to do that though. I'm embarrassed at myself for getting caught up like this by my girls.

"But it's just a kiss." Paris lower her eyes confusingly.

"Yes, but I shouldn't kiss anyone besides you two, your brother, and your mother." I explain.

London face starts to match her sister's. "But isn't that how you show people you love them?"

I sigh again. The problem is my girls don't see the kiss as how it really is. They innocently see it as just a kiss of affection not realizing in real life it's called cheating. They love Mauve so much that they like the idea of me crushing on her... That says a lot about how they view their own mother.