Chapter 13 - Visions

Chapter 13

Visions

As I laid my cheek on his warm chest, his free hand was intertwined with my fingers across his torso. With his other arm, he held me tightly into his side. Occasionally, his lips brushed against my hair to kiss me gently.

I must have fallen asleep in his arms while staring up at the stars, because when I woke, I was tucked into my soft warm bed. I sat up quickly, frantic to find Michael, and called out his name. My stone was glowing brightly in the dark room and I sighed, for he wasn't there. I laid my head back down on my pillow staring up into the darkness. I regretted falling asleep. I still wanted him to hold me, but I knew he would be back soon enough. I couldn't keep him all to myself, at least not while he was still an Archangel. I got up, changed out of my dress and threw on my pajamas.

After a few minutes, I heard a soft knock on my door. I got up to answer it, feeling glum and depressed.

"Michael?" I was happy he was there but confused at the same time.

"I heard you call my name. I wanted to make sure you were alright. You didn't say anything else after that and I began to get worried." He pulled me tightly into his arms.

I looked up into his eyes an said, "I was just seeing if you were in my room. I'm sorry I fell asleep." We walked into my room and went to sit on my sofa together.

"You were tired. We stayed out there a very long time and, actually, I'm surprised you even woke up," he said, stroking my hair as he held me.

I happily curled up next to him, and whispered into his chest, "Thank you for coming back."

"I can't stay long, Savina, I'm sorry," his tone was full of regret.

"I know. I'm just glad I can tell you goodnight now," I said, looking into his shimmering blue eyes. I leaned up, kissed him gently and then laid my head back onto his chest, feeling him sigh. "It's alright, Michael, I understand," I said trying to ease his remorse.

"I know you do and I am thankful for that. It's just that I don't want to leave, even knowing I'll be back eventually. It's never soon enough," he said, sighing again.

I didn't reply, but just placed my head back onto his chest. All too soon, he was gone again. I wish I could hear his voice like he could hear mine when we are apart. Or at least hear him when he wants to speak to me. I know he has many missions that I can't listen in on, but I would still like some sort of two-way communication. That gave me an idea. Why couldn't I figure out a spell or something so that we could have a two-way conversation?

After breakfast, I went to my mom to ask her about my idea. She was just finishing eating as I sat down beside her. "Hey, Mom," I greeted her cheerfully.

"Morning, Savina," she said, smiling lovingly.

"I have a question for you," I said, trying to keep my excitement down.

"Alright," she sounded suspicious and I had to giggle at her for it.

"I want to cast a spell on something to give to Michael so he can speak to me whenever he wants to and so I can hear him when we are apart." My words were jumbled together.

She smiled widely at me yet there was still a hint of worry in the corner of her eyes and mouth, "You two are getting to know each other better?"

"Yeeesss." I dragged the word out.

"Let me finish here and then we can go to my room," she said, giving me a gentle pat on the shoulder. After she finished her breakfast, she went to her dresser and, wearing a huge smile, pulled out a small velvet, burgundy box.