Chapter 16 - Shield & Discoveries

Chapter 16

Shields & Discoveries

I fell asleep crying with my head on the desk. When I woke, I downed my orange juice and finished the fruit. I still felt sad and tried not to let the tears flow again, but it was a hopeless battle. The overwhelming sadness was still present within me, so I lay back down in my bed. It was still dark out, so I tried to fall back to sleep. I knew I wouldn't be able to, but I tried anyway.

I was still feeling weak, but the fainting feeling had finally passed.

"I miss you so much, Michael," I said with a sigh and turned over. I hugged my favorite pillow, tightly to my body. A few minutes later, there was a light tap on my door and I looked at my clock. It read 4:30 am.

"Come in," I whispered. I didn't care if the person knocking heard me or not.

Atrina walked slowly in the door. She took one look at me, crossed the room to my bed and climbed in next to me. She knew I had been crying. I turned my head.

'It'll get better', I heard her say, but not with my ears. She said that in my head, but how? I can hear Marcus when he's in his Meta-Wolf form and now Angels? Except the one Angel I really wanted to talk to.

"What's going on with me?" I asked, feeling helpless.

'Now that you have fully embraced all the Angel Essence inside yourself, you can think of any Angel and talk to them one at a time or altogether', Atrina explained.

I thought of her name and then said what I wanted to say to her, in my head. 'Except for Michael.' I sighed and tears ran down my cheek again.

'I am sorry, Savina.' She sighed, too, and hugged me.

We sat for a few moments in silence. I was just thinking to myself of my times with Michael. The way he kissed me, the way he brushed my cheek, and the night he told me that he loved me. The same dreadful night they stole him from me.

'If you don't mind, Atrina, I really would like to be alone right now. I'll be out in a few hours to form the shields,' I thought.

'Savina', she paused and shook her head. I'm sure she was about to say something other than what she continued to say. "So, how do you like having wings?" she asked out loud.

'They're fine, I guess.' I shrugged my shoulders.

"You haven't checked them out?"

"I was sort of involved in a crisis when it happened, Atrina," I said frankly.

She grabbed my hand pulling me up from the bed. "Well, come on! Bring them out and let's see!" she was enthusiastically curious.

I was getting annoyed. "Atrina, I really don't feel up for this right now. Please." I said, trying to pull my hand out of hers.

She put both of her hands around mine and tugged me up and out of bed. 'Please, Savina? ' she thought.

I huffed and sighed, giving in. "I don't even remember how to do it, Atrina."

"It's natural. I'll show you." She stood in front of me. "Now, bring your aura out."

My aura rose, only because she was making me angry.

"Good, now feel your wings coming from within you, picture them." Her wings flew out from behind her and her shirt nearly fell before she could catch it. "Oops, I always forget about that part," she giggled.