Chapter 17 - Found

Chapter 17: Found

I was crying now. I knew it wasn't my fault that Sollen was killed, but I couldn't help but feel mournful.

I looked at Michael's stone and I rubbed it furiously. Tears fell away from my cheeks and on to the stone. I suddenly had a warm feeling flow through me like electricity, as if Michael was near me. I realized I felt him, his presence. I knew at that moment I could phase to him instantly.

Savina, may I join you? It was Atrina.

I'm in the attic. I answered her. If Marcus is with you or near you, have him come up, too.

I waved toward the attic door, unlocking it and they joined me within a few minutes. I sighed when I saw their expressions. They were upset.

"Sollen was just killed," I said solemnly.

They looked at each other, shocked.

"How?" Marcus asked with a flabbergasted expression.

"Three of his kind was waiting for him in the shadows of an old, abandoned cottage and executed him before he said anything to them. I just had the vision before Atrina asked to join me," my voice cracked and I had to clear my throat.

"You did nothing wrong, Savina. Don't blame yourself for his death," Atrina said softly.

I was confused. "I thought you all were upset at me."

"No, we were concerned on how you felt about the way things happened with the disapproving Meta-Wolf. You were correct; he was out of line and disrespectful," Atrina said as she shot Marcus a hard glare.

"Yeah, Savina, I won't have him run with me anymore. He's just a hot headed teen who thinks he knows it all," Marcus affirmed.

"It's okay, guys. I'm fine and I'm not angry with the boy. Next time I am that lit up, though, he better not be near me. I wouldn't want to bald him out of anger," I joked without actually
laughing.

Marcus chuckled, but Atrina remained firm. Feeling a little better, I took a deep breath, preparing myself to tell them what I had decided.

"I have something to tell the two of you. Both of you are the closest ones that I have to a brother and a sister," I paused, as they looked at each other and back to me. "I'm leaving right now ... to get Michael."

They stood silent for a second before answering.

"Are you sure?" Marcus asked.

"I will go with you," Atrina declared.

"I'm positive. I can sense where he is and I need to do this alone. I need you two here to protect the school and my mom."

"Is it safe to do that?" Marcus asked, concerned.

"I don't know," I said looking at Atrina for an answer of my own.

"I don't know either. I'm sorry. I don't know what they'll do," Atrina said, shrugging her shoulders.

"I love you both. Please tell my mom I love her, too. If I don't return, have my mom send everyone away from the school. I really don't think they'll harm me, but I still don't know if or
how long they'll contain me if they become angry."

They nodded without another word. They understood and was worried. They left me in the attic and I phased back to my room to change and freshen up. When I was ready, I closed my eyes and felt the pull toward Michael. I let it fill me and lead me, then I phased. I was suddenly standing behind an angel who looked like Michael from behind. I held my breath for a moment.