Chapter 15 - Intruder

((A/N: *WARNING* May contain triggers.))

Chapter 15

Intruder

The next two weeks were just as difficult. My anger got in the way of just about everything. I snapped at teachers, at my mom and at my friends. I spent most my free time alone in my room or in the attic and didn't talk much to anyone. I tried to stay clear of situations where I had to speak and often missed meals to avoid being around anyone. I usually snuck to the kitchen late at night, knowing there was little chance of running into anyone.

My stone hadn't sparkled, shimmered or hinted a glow in two weeks. This didn't make my anger any better, either. My aura grew brighter with every bout of rage I had. My Mother worried constantly about me. I was just so mad all of the time. I didn't know exactly what was happening to me and to my Angel friends, whom I avoided. They were ordered to stay at the school and not to run any more reconnaissance missions.

My teachers began to complain about my attitude and about the frequency of my tardiness. I just didn't care anymore. I began to skip classes all together and hid out in different locations so no one could find me. Often, I hid in the attic because I knew only my mother could enter that room. I made a lot of powerful potions and wrote out a lot of anger influenced spells. I practiced all my powers that I now had and even tried to do new things just for the heck of it. I wanted to know everything I was capable of. I found that I could phase anywhere that I had previously been, but with practice, I was sure that I could phase to other places I hadn't.

I couldn't sleep most nights and my appetite was near extinction. Most nights, I sat out back by the pool at three in the morning in the cold weather, wrapped in my favorite throw. I did this every other night now. Three weeks had passed and it was almost Thanksgiving. There was still no glimmer from my necklace. I was exhausted with hate. I looked up to the stars in pure fury, toward whomever was probably looking down at me. I hoped they could see my deteriorating frame of mind but then figured they just didn't care. 

Marcus, not meaning to, snuck up beside me one night in his Meta-Wolf form and I nearly blasted him off the planet with my blue power sphere. That was a new sphere that I had recently created. It had a massive amount of volatile energy built up inside the sphere and on contact with anything else, other than my hand, it destroyed everything within a ten foot circle from the contact point. In fact, it could reduce a full grown spruce tree into splinters. I accidentally discovered how to do it during one of my bouts of rage. The sphere almost hit Marcus, but I caught it just in time to extinguish it.

"What are you doing? You know I could have just killed you?" I scolded him loudly. My heart racing with adrenaline.  

He shook his massive head no at me and grunted.

"Just leave me alone, okay? Shoo! Go away," I waved at him like I was waving away a bothersome fly.

Marcus sat back on his haunches and growled at me. Not menacingly, just aggravatedly.  

"Don't give me that. You asked for it. You're the one who was being sneaky," I said, pausing suddenly, hearing something. Did I just understand what Marcus just growled and grunted out at me?

"Marcus, say something again," I ordered.

He tilted his head and let out a whiney gruff.

"I'm not going crazy," I paused as my eyes widened. I sucked in a quick breath, "Oh, my gosh! I can understand you, Marcus!" My voice raised a few octaves. 

He stood up on to all fours, shook his fur and huffed.

"I can, too! Don't call me insane," I scolded him.