Chapter 25 - Stolen Kiss

Chapter 25: Stolen Kiss

Classes resumed normally the following Monday and the families who had arrived so far helped to begin building additional housing. Our residents doubled up with each other to allow more to stay in the main house and my mom talked about building another wing.

I wasn't too sure about making this already huge mansion larger. There were rooms I still hadn't seen yet and an entire fifth floor, minus my attic room, which was still undeveloped. So for the moment,
instead of building an entire new wing, we drew out plans to overhaul the fifth floor.

There was enough room there to create an additional twenty plus bedrooms.

One day when I was loaded with tasks, Gabriel called to me. I could hear the urgency in his voice, which alarmed me.

He asked to meet Michael and I at the baseball field. So, after finding Michael with Marcus and a few others who were putting up a wall, I phased us to the field where Gabriel paced, anxiously.

His wings were taut against his back, his posture rigid but firm and his expression grave, which is not something you often see of an Angel, if at all. "Thank you for meeting me, your highness," Gabriel addressed me cordially and then gave me a formal bow.

I still was not used to the title and wished he would forget about it. "What's so urgent, Gabriel?"

Looking gravely into Michael's eyes and then into mine, he answered, "Fin has gone missing. No one can sense him. We asked everyone up there and no one has seen him."

I looked to Michael, panicked. "If he's missing then he must have joined up with the Excrucio," I said as my voice cracked with worry.

"They must be preparing," Michael suggested. Fear streaked through his eyes and he squeezed my hand.

I nodded my head to him. "I think you are right. They must be planning an attack very soon." I sighed and looked back to Gabriel. "I hoped that we'd have more time to prepare, but I guess I was wrong."

"Not everything can be predicted correctly, Savina. Things can change either way by the choices we make." Michael was right. Things could change and we could lose the battle still.

My chest tightened as fear swept over me. I had to push it away, though. Everyone counted on me. I had to pull myself together.

"Another reason why I asked you two here is because I need help," he looked to Michael and then to me. "I need Michael to help me. I've been ordered to find or capture Fin."

"By whom?" Michael asked brusquely.

"Soleil," Gabriel answered solemnly. They stared at one another.

"What? Who is Soleil?" They ignored my question. I put my hand on Michael's chest to get his attention and asked again, louder. "Who is Soleil?"

Michael snapped his head to me with wide eyes as he scrambled to answer me. "Soleil ... oh ... she's the Angel that runs errands between Heaven and Earth."

Between Heaven and Earth, I thought to myself; confused at first. Then, I gasped, "Really?"

"Yes. And why the messenger Angel would dispatch me to find Fin is suspicious, to say the least. I need you, brother. I don't want to go in this alone in case it's a trap," Gabriel spoke, with sincere regret in having to ask Michael to join him.

"Does Soleil know everything that has transpired under Fin's leadership?" Michael asked Gabriel out loud for my sake.

I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Michael would be on another dangerous mission, away from me ... and I didn't know for how long.