(} 10 {)

Annabeth was the first one awake the next morning. However, she didn't sneak out, slip into nothing more than morning mist and shadows.

She sat up in the bed, resting her head against the dark backboard, and let Percy's arm hold onto her waist. His jet black hair was tussled, catching the light from the window and gleaming. Annabeth moved her curls to her left shoulder, and moved his hair out of his face. One finger tracing over his forehead, arching over his ear.

Her eyes scanned his shoulders, sweat still gleamed there, the sculpted muscles relaxed. She let her hand fall onto the arm that held her, his skin was soft, like velvet over steel.

Annabeth sighed as she ran a hand over her face. The others hadn't done anything last night. How many times had Percy been left to struggle through that-that hell? She knew it was what Hazel had warned her about.

Not to scare her, not to worry her, but to tell her that he was more like her than she had thought.

She thought of her own nightmares.

A blonde man stalking for her.

A blonde woman bleeding out-grey eyes going hollow and glassy.

Another blonde man hunched over a body, then over a pile of beer bottles.

She bit down on the fear that tried to take over, at the shiver that crept its way over her skin. Percy shifted, his arm tightening around her a little and his face burying into her hip.

She chuckled a bit, moving his hair out of his face again, letting her fingers stay twined in the dark mess.

Her mind didn't drift to how weird it was to wake up next to someone, to how others would react. She only thought of the broken look to his eyes as he had almost asked her to stay with him.

How many times had she wanted someone to stay with her? To endure it along side her?

So Annabeth hadn't let him push her away, had done exactly what she wanted done for her all those times.

Her blue nightgown was rumbled, and she ran a hand down herself to smooth it out. Tugging in down on her thigh was a pain, due to Percy's arm.

But she sighed again, gave up, then frowned at Percy.

He finally woke up a few minutes later, Annabeth had taken to reading the papers on his nightstand as entertainment.

(}{)

Blinking, Percy tried to pull himself from sleep. But, something beside him was warm.

He finally peeled his eyes opened, to see his arm wrapped around a woman's waist. That gave him a start, but the blue nightgown with white lace flowering up the side was not the biggest scare he had.

It was the golden curls falling down to her stomach. Because he remembered what happened. Who had woken him up from his nightmare.

Who had stayed with him throughout the night.

Oh, he was so fucked.

Percy yawned and tried to look casual as he threw his arms wide, well one arm the other was trapped behind Annabeth. He blinked as he yawned again and stretched. Forcing a lazy smile to his face as he looked up at Annabeth beside him.

She didn't even look at him, pouring over some files he had left beside his bed. Once he pulled back from her, she pulled the blankets further up herself. Blocking his view of that nightgown, except the white lace straps that crossed over her back.

He didn't know what the hell to say.

What did you say to someone you had clung to all night like a frightened child? Especially when they were your partner in fighting bloodthirsty demons?

He was in such unending shit.

"So," Annabeth started, looking at him as she sat down her papers. She smiled faintly, her grey eyes scanning his face. As he scanned hers. "how did you sleep?"

"Fine." Lie, he had slept amazingly.

"You know I never asked, but how old are you?" She blinked, not frowning, but scrunching her face together in a confused expression that was endlessly adorable.

"Eighteen. You?"

"Same here." She huffed a laugh and smiled again. "That must be why we scare the shit out of everyone. Not even fully grown and can kick most of their asses?" She whistled and smiled to herself. "I'd be scared in their shoes too."

Percy laughed, throwing his head back into the pillow as his hand rested on his stomach. "Nice one Wise Girl."

She stuck out her bottom lip, and he marveled at the soft side to her he was able to see. "Is that, like, a thing now?" He furrowed his brow, tilting his head to the side. "You calling me Wise Girl, is it a thing now?"

He blinked. "I guess, it just sort of happened." He shrugged and propped himself up on his side, running a hand through his hair and smirking up at her. "Do you not like it, Wise Girl?"

She sighed, rolling her eyes. But the sides of her mouth tugged up a bit. "I guess it means I just have to make up a name for you." She tapped her finger on her chin, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I guess so." He mused, finally starting to stand up. He yawned again as he leaned on his bed post and watched her. She set the papers down, and stood up herself. "We have a lot of work to do today. Think you're up to it?" He teased, walking around the bed to stand right in front of her.

She gave him a look from head to toe, as if seeing if he was up to the task. "I was born ready, you, it seems, needed a bit of polishing before hand." She smirked, crossing her arms again and sticking her hip out.

And damn him if he didn't glance down at how the silk of her nightgown clung to her skin, bunching up at her waist and only gracing her thigh.

Goddamn him to hell, he had some self control! He mentally slapped himself and grinned down at her, playing it cool. "You would like to think so, wouldn't you?"

"Oh, I know so." She purred as she passed him, and opened the door. She smiled back at him, a snake in the grass. "See you later, Percy."

He grinned until she shut the door.

Then he sat down on his mattress with a thud, and let out a groan as he collapsed back. Oh he was so, so, so fucked.