13

thirteen

ˇ

TO CHIM,

I'm starting to regret writing these letters now that I know how embarrassing some of them can be.

My mom was cleaning my room yesterday while I was at school. She bumped into my desk and dropped a bunch of notes I had for you. Some of them were drafts that I was working on, some were notes I didn't like and forgot to throw away and others were notes I had already written and planned to give you later on. My mother ended up looking through all of them and even going through some of the stories and poems I've written.

It was so humiliating.

She started pestering me about them as soon as I got home. She was so happy that I liked someone and she was so proud of the stories I wrote. She asked me so much about you — what you're like, how I feel about you, what you look like. We literally spent an hour talking about these things.

But even though it was embarrassing for me, I found talking to my mom extremely helpful. She told me so much advice that I should've known sooner and she was overly supportive of my writing. She suggested a bunch of ways for me to interact with you and how I deal with liking you. Even though her advice is helpful, the idea of talking to you after these letters is starting to scare me. But I'm glad my mom enjoys you as much as I do.

Lets just hope she doesn't start writing to you too.

Sincerely, 

At War For Your Affection