21

twenty one

ˇ

His shoes slammed against the concrete as he ran down the sidewalk. He was taking heavy breaths, running with all of his might. Jimin had realized that he forgot to set his alarm when he woke up late this morning. He had to be in first period early, for he had an important test he couldn't miss. He continued to run, getting yells thrown at him from people he bumped into by mistake. He clutched his bag strap in his hand, too frantic to sling it over his shoulder. In his other hand was a granola bar he managed to grab before he had left.

Finally reaching the school, Jimin skidded to a stop in front of the gate. He was able to regain his speed and run into the courtyard, passing by many of his classmates. He ran up the stairs and ran through the double doors, stopping once he saw the crowded hallways. He sighed out of annoyance. Mornings were always the worst, for people just milked the clock and walked extreme slow. It was like a hoard of zombies; slow and muggy.

Nevertheless, he pushed pass multiple people in order to make his way to class. Turning the corner abruptly, he wasn't prepared for the impact he was given. His body smacked right into a smaller figure. He stumbled a little, regaining his balance due to his quick reflexes. He was able to see the person he ran into stumbling backwards. He reached his hand out, grabbing the person's forearm. The person was able to regain their balance, recovering from the shocking interaction.

"Oh gosh, I'm really sorry about that." Jimin apologized, his action flickering to the floor. On the floor was scattered books and papers surrounding the two.

Both immediately bent down, picking up stuff. Jimin was finally able to look at the mysterious figure. It was a girl a little shorter than him. She had fluffy, milk chocolate thick locks. Her hair was up to her mid-back but she had it braided in a slightly-messy side ponytail with some strands pulled out. It looked so effortless yet beautiful. She had cream like skin while a pale tone could be vaguely spotted. She had the cutest left dimple and hazel-brown eyes. She wore the school uniform — a short grey skirt and a long sleeve white button up and yet it made her look so appealing.

Jimin was able to glance his eyes away from the girl and grab the last of the stuff, handing it to her. Both of them stood up at the same time, not knowing what to do.

Jimin slightly bowed to her, "Again, I'm really sorry." He looked up at her once he straightened himself to see a faint-tint of pink scattered across her cheeks and edging to the bridge of her nose.

She brushed her hair behind her ear as she nodded, afraid of meeting eye contact with him. "It's okay. I have to get to class now. Thank you for helping me, bye."

Before Jimin could speak, she walked around him and down the hall. He turned around to see her figure walking away, shy of the interaction they had. Jimin couldn't help but let out a small grin. She was adorable, he knew that for sure. He felt something pull at his heart when he looked at her, but he couldn't tell what it was.

The first bell rang it's loud screech causing Jimin to exit his thoughts and groan, running towards his next class.

Maybe he'll write to his admirer and ask them about how he feels.

ˇ
they've seen each other!!

this is a really cliche event that most stories use but it never fails to impress me. I'll do more interactions between the two and they'll be meeting each other soon, I promise!!

much love!

~emily