25

twenty five

ˇ

The wind was calm, it's soft breeze lighting the atmosphere of the spring day. Trees bloomed with flowers as the sun was as bright as ever. Jimin was very uneasy on this particular day. Today was when he finally gets to meet the author of all of the letters he has received. He can finally relieve his anticipation. His heart pounded throughout the entire day, his body shaking from his intense nerves. He hoped that his admirer would feel the exact same way he was; scared, nervous, overwhelmed.

And she was.

Chaeyeon was so overwhelmed, endless thoughts filling her mind. Her hands would become so sweaty and she would shiver from the nerves ascending down her spine. She couldn't believe she decided to do this, she was slowly starting to regret it. Her mind was racing with endless doubts and she wished time would last forever. She dreaded the moment and from here and there and she would hold in her breath to try and keep herself calm.

And before both of them knew it, the school day had ended.

Park Jimin took a huge breath in and walked the empty hallways. He must've circled around the entire school almost three times. He tried and tried to calm himself down, but his nerves were shaking like crazy. He felt like he was just plunged into cold water and got out to only experience the aftermath of the cold water icing your body. He felt himself shivering out of fear.

He was finally able to meet his admirer. He thought it would be so calm and happy for him, but he was so nervous. The idea of meeting the person who made him smile and send butterflies down his stomach made him sink in an uncomfortable state of being.

He finally reached the gym, sighing one big breath before hesitantly pushing open the door. He walked inside the large, empty gymnasium. It seemed so lonely and distant when it was uninhabited. It scared him even more. His shaky legs walked through the large room and reached the door at the other end of the room that extended out towards the field. He let out one final sigh before gripping the door, pushing it open.

Cool breeze pushed against him as he opened the door. He was greeted with the cool sun, getting ready for sundown. The trees swayed in rhythm to the wind, their leaves shaking off various petals. Jimin walked down the pathway, edging closer to the area he feared the most. His feet felt heavy as they walked and his body felt like it was moving on its own.

His eyebrows furrowed once he stood near the bleachers. He couldn't see anyone on it. He climbed up the stairs and looked at it once more to see it empty. Jimin decided that maybe they were running late and he should wait for them. Jimin climbed up a couple more stairs and sat on the middle seat towards the left corner of the large seating capacity. He placed his chin in his palm as he watched the sky, the vast shade of blue fading into a light pink, almost yellow color. The sky seemed to calm his nerves, making him more relaxed than he was before.

He suddenly heard footsteps on top of the bleachers. Jimin shut his eyes for a moment, afraid of realizing that what he was going to experience was real. He was finally going to meet them. He opened his eyes and turned his head to see a girl standing a few inches away from him, her head lowered.

Thump.

Jimin stood up abruptly, standing to face the girl in front of him. He could see the pale pink tint on her cheeks. But her head was lowered at a point where he couldn't tell who she was. He tried to be calm but his heart pounded like bombs against his chest. He felt so tightened and shaky, he was nervous.