22

twenty two

ˇ

The clock ticked in the same rhythm as Jimin's fingers. Tapping them against his binder, he was absolutely bored. He couldn't stop thinking about his admirer, and all of the thoughts blaring through his head. His head turned towards the board, staring at the meaningless notes.

His admirer had not answered back to his letters for four days. He had first asked them about his feelings when he bumped into that girl. He asked them what that feeling was in his heart. They had not replied back. He continued to write them letters, most of them containing his concerns for why they stopped replying. It felt like he was constantly sending someone the same message only to be left on read. He was on the edge of his seat waiting for them to respond to him.

Was it maybe something he said? Is something bothering them? Or are they just not at school? Whatever the case was, he was anxious to know about his admirer. What annoyed him most was that every time he checked to see if his reply was still on his locker, it was always missing. Like they take it and read it but never reply back. He felt like he was just talking to himself and it frustrated him.

But what confused him was that Jungkook and Taehyung were talking to the girl he bumped into. Ever since that day, he noticed that they would say hi to her or he would watch them all walking out of gym class together. Jimin couldn't be any happier that his friends have a new friend, but he was slightly confused about it all. Due to this, he was able to notice that the girl was in a lot of his classes, surprisingly.

Something about it seemed uneasy to him

Once the bell had rung, Jimin took no time to waste when rushing out of the door. He started to walk to his next class, excited to be with his friends. Jimin turned the corner and walked towards the lunch room. He was immediately greeted with students talking loudly and the smell of questionable school lunch. His eyes scanned the lunchroom to find his friends. He finally saw Jungkook and Taehyung sitting at their usual spot. Jimin was about to walk over, when he stopped.

He watched as Taehyung waved to a girl from across the lunchroom. The girl stood up from her table and jogged over to them, sitting down with them and greeting the two of them. Jimin noticed it was the same girl he had bumped into the other day. Jungkook turned towards the doorway and saw Jimin standing. He smiled and waved him over.

Jimin jogged towards the table, taking a seat next to Jungkook. His eyes immediately went to the girl, who avoided eye contact with him once again.

"Hey Jimin-hyung, you're here early," Jungkook spoke, munching on his sandwich.

"I rushed out of class because the lesson was boring." Jimin replied.

Taehyung chuckled, "You never really like any of your classes, do you? Anyways, we want you to meet someone. Jimin, this is Jang Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon, this is Jimin."

Jimin averted his gaze towards the shy girl who finally glanced at him, her hazel eyes softly piercing his darker ones. She let a small smile spread on her face, her cheeks turning a little pink out of habit. Her left dimple showed as she smiled.

"Hello Jimin. It's nice to meet you," She spoke.

Jimin returned the smile, "It's nice to meet you too."

Her smile grew a little bigger, her shy exterior shedding. As she smiled, Jimin felt his breath hitch slightly. The familiar tug on his heart occurred, causing him to focus on her features. Once she turned to look at Taehyung, he finally snapped out of his gaze. He didn't know why he was being like this, the idea of it confused him.

But this girl was just as confusing as his emotions.

ˇ
another interaction!!

just fyi, this story does contain some time skips so some events don't correlate to others. I also plan to either finish the book today or tomorrow because of two reasons. The first reason being that this book won't take long to finish so I can easily get it done and the second reason being that I have finals for the next two weeks so I won't be able to update as often.

the book is coming to an end and I'm really happy but also kinda sad (bc I love this book a lot)

much love

~emily