Chapter 20

Chapter 20: 2 months without seeing a crime scene in my pants.

I wash my mouth after heaving for God knows how long over my toilet, emptying out whatever I have in my stomach.

This has been happening for months now and I have a doctors appointment schedule for later on.

I'll be taking a few hours off work. Instructions from boss lady. I now work as Melody Henderson's PA and she is amazing!

I also got a car as her PA and its not as good as the one I used to have but it's better than nothing.

I shower and get dressed in a loose dress because I don't feel like wearing anything tight. I feel too flush.

I also decide not to apply make-up and I tie my annoying hair up into a loose bun. Grabbing my handbag and keys, I step out and drive to the hospital.

At Henderson Construction, they offer a lot of benefits including medical aid but the salary isn't the greatest.

I park my car near the hospital entrance, feeling lazy to walk a long distance.

I go to the receptionist.

"I have an appointment under Dawn." I say as she pages through the doctors diary.

She directs me to the doctors office and I'm instructed to walk in.

"Good Morning Miss Dawn, how may I help you today?" she asks with a smile.

"Please call me Scarlett. Can you turn up the air conditioner, I feel very hot." I say, feeling flush.

She frowns, but still does as I ask.

"I have been vomiting non-stop for the past two, almost three months and at first I assumed that it was a stomach bug but I'm confused now." I tell her and she nots, pulling out parts of an injection.

"I'll take your blood for testing and can come back after an hour. I'll have the results by then." she says smiling and waiting for my approval.

I nod and stretch out my hand for her to draw blood from my inner elbow.

She puts a cotton on the opening to stop the blood flow and calls a nurse to take the blood for testing.

I leave her office, checking the time.

9:30

My tummy grumbles and I decide to go to a nearby restaurant to grab a meal while I wait.

I call my boss and tell her that I should be in by latest 11:30.

Upon reaching the restaurant, I smell the food and I moan.

I walk in and a waiter directs me inside. I take my laptop and decide to start work from outside work.

I log in and start sending emails to department heads and their assistants about an upcoming meeting which will be tomorrow.

I order spicy hot chicken wings and cheese coated fries. I add a chocolate milkshake which I'm currently craving. I love chocolate!

I dive in, indulging in the heaven inside my plate and glass.

I finish the food and feel like desert so I order a small chocolate pudding and I just melt as it melts inside my mouth.

The waiter watches me I amusement.
I finish up the last email and close my laptop before paying and leaving a very nice tip. I put my laptop inside my car and drive back to hospital.

10:35

I walk to the doctors office and get in when instructed to.

I down and she looks at me, a smile on her face.

"I have great news for you Miss Dawn." she says.

"What's good about throwing up?" I ask, raising my eyebrow sceptically.

"Your 2 months and two weeks pregnant. Congratulations!" she says, handing me the envelope with a smile.

My heart stops.

My hand touches the non-existent baby bumb.

And it clicks.

I haven't seen a crime scene inside my pants for a long time.

The last two occasions Alexander and I had sex, we didn't use protection.

And I'm not birth control.

Fuck!

How will I take care of a baby when my life is so unstable?

And I can't tell Alexander, he'll think I'm lying. Has had a fake pregnancy scandal before when one of his flings got attached. And I'm an ex-fling so what makes me different to the girl o faked pregnancy apart from the fact that I'm not lying.

I close my eyes and hold the bridge of my nose, confused as to what I'm going to do. I'm not able to kill and innocent soul because my life is fucked up.

I thank the doctor who looks worried and I walk out with the envelope in my hands.

I drive to work and get to the non-secluded top floor with receptionists on it.

I knock on my bosses door and I go in before she says come in.

I sit across her and give her the envelope.

She looks at me with curiosity and opens it. She then gets up and hugs me while congratulating me.

Then a wave of happiness buried the worry and I place my hand on my flat stomach.

I wonder how small my little pea is.

After taking the envelope, I go to my office and get down to work.

Suddenly, someone knocks on my door.

"Come in." I say and in walks Gareth.

He has been asking me out ever since I got here.

He hands me a bouquet of flowers and suddenly I start sneezing, throwing them at him. I don't have allergies to roses, I guess baby doesn't want him too.

I yell at him to leave which he does, with a horrified look on his face.

I continue sneezing non-stop and decide that I need a gyna who will give me medicine to reduce my sickness.

A.N:

Baking bun in the oven!

Please vote, comment and share.