Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Damien?

I cradle my crying baby in my arms, calming him down. The shouting scared him.

Alexander walks into my room and I glare at him.

"I believe you Scarlett, I just wanted to do the DNA test to prove to my family that he is mine." he says and I feel relieved because I don't want to deprive my apple pie of a father and a family.

Something I don't have. My father abandoned us, my mother and I. She worked hard to see me through school but didn't have enough money for me to go to varsity so I just got a job as a receptionist.

Then I got promoted to a secretary and one day found myself as a PA to one of the HOD. I was about to transfer to another company to work as a PA to a CFO but I met Damien.

My mother passed away when I was still working as a secretary. It crushed me and I met Noah who supported me but ended up cheating on me with my childhood friend.

After that break-up, I met Damien and we were happy but he had to change. And now he is back to destroy everything that I'm connected to when he messed everything up.

"Tell me everything, Scarlett." Alexander says, sitting next to my bed, watching as I breastfeed our hungry son.

"I met Damien when I was 22, working as a personal assistant to a HOD. We hit it off, going on multiple dates before he asked me to be his girlfriend. I was so in love with him. After a year of dating, he asked me to move in with him. I felt so sure of our love that I agreed, without even thinking twice. All I wanted was to wake up next to him and go to sleep in his arms. He then made me to quit my job, vowing to take care of me. After fighting over this, I eventually gave in and he started giving me an allowance monthly. He even bought me a car. Anything to keep me from working. Then things started changing. He started going to countless business conferences. It got to the point of me seeing him for only one week per month. This went on for almost two years. He would treat me like I'm his property. Coming home, sleeping with me forcefully and not even satisfying me. Before you, the last time I had has an orgasm was almost two years before. When things were still rosy. So one faithful day, I went o our favourite restaurant which we have a readily available table at. I went there and found him wining and dining another woman. I then found that they had been dating for almost two years. This was the day after our anniversary, mind you. And he came home drunk and tried to sleep with me but eventually fell asleep before anything happened. I was finally tired of his shit and so I applied for the job at ANW. I packed my bags and got them moved to a hotel nearby. And yes, I took his money that he gave to me as allowance so technically it was mine because dating him became a full time job. But I left the house and car keys and I disappeared, not wanting him to trace me. And that is what happened, Alexander." I tell him, embracing my fast asleep baby.

Alexander looks at me intensily.

"How much?" he asks.

"50 grand." I say sighing.

"Okay." he responds and takes out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Paying him his money." he says and when finished, places his phone inside his pocket.

"Your parents are doubting me right?" I ask him.

"I won't lie to you, they are." he sighs running a hand through his hair.

"Fine then, lets do the test." I say and he nods.

He calls the doctor who comes with a nurse. They take a little bit of blood and leave, saying the results will be back within a week.

At lunch time, the nurses bring me lunch which consists of too many veggies and a tiny piece of meat.

I look at Alexander and find him with a knowing look on his face. He laughs and points to the food. I pout, not thrilled at his gesture.

"No, eat your food." he says laughing.

"But this isn't food. I don't know what this is." I say, raising the plate.

He cracks, knowing fully well what I want.

"On one condition." he says, smirking.

Uh oh!

"What's the condition?" I ask wearily.

"A date with me." he says, taking Austin from me and placing him in the baby bed provided by the hospital.

"These veggies look very appetising." I say, looking at the unappetising food.

"Your choice." he shrugs, smirking smugly.

How I want to slap that stupid smirk off his face. I need real food!

"I was my ribs juicy and tender. Make sure they're hot or else no date." I groan out, my tummy grumbling.

He makes a phone call and when he's done, he looks at me.

"Scarlett." he breaks the silence.

"Hmm." I moan out, lazy to speak.

"In the labour room..." he starts, touching my hand.

"It wasn't a mistake Alexander." I tell him.

"Can I do it again?" he asks.

I look into his mesmerising eyes and nod, blushing.

He gets up and starts leaning in.

It just brings back all the hot sweaty moments we shared at the office, his house, the car. It feels as if my heart is in my throat.

He puts his hands on my cheeks, underneath my ears with his fingers projecting into my hair. And he kisses me gently as if I might break.

I feel my heart beat much faster and my insides are swarmed with excited butterflies.

It feels so good that I don't want it to stop. It would kill me if Alexander hurts me yet again and I still want to live.

"Don't hurt me ever again." I whisper onto his lips.

"Never." he whispers back, kissing me yet again.

A.N:

Do you believe that he will never hurt her again?

Comment

Please vote and share.