Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Heart monitor.

Alexander's POV

It has been a week since that incident and Scarlett has been in an unchanging coma ever since.

I believed that idiot that is going to jail for as long as I can get it be. I took her phone to computer specialist and it turns out that he phone was hacked. He did it when he visited her that days I chased her on the street to get my car keys before feeling my heart ache, seeing her sleeping with trails of black tears on her beautiful face.

Damien wanted her to die because she rejected him for me. Why couldn't he accept that he messed up? It was his fault that she left.

And now when she wakes up, she won't want anything to do with me because I didn't believe her yet again.

I'm not good at love and relationships. I don't know what I'll do if she wakes up and tells me that she wants absolutely nothing to do with me.

I cuddle a sleeping Austin closer to my body. He misses her very much because he tries to reach out to her non-stop.

I did this. Its my fault and when she wakes up and tells me to leave, I will do so.

The doctor comes in, smiling with pity.

"How is she?" I ask, looking at her with the wires all over he skin.

"She looks better than other days." she says, checking that everything is okay.

"When will she wake up?" I ask, wanting to see her beautiful blue eyes even if they are glaring at me.

"That is up to her Mr West. It could be with the next 5 minutes, months or years. Completely up to her." she says before walking out.

I look at Scarlett, my heart aching at the state I have put her due to my lack of trust.

"Scarlett, I don't know if you can hear me." I say, sighing.

"I'm so sorry for everything. You don't deserve the crap I put you through. You deserve happiness, lots of it and I haven't given you that. When you wake up, I will leave Austin with you. I'll do anything you want me to do, even if its to leave you alone. As long as you're happy again which seams to happen when you aren't with me. I love you so much baby and I love you enough to let you go find a better man than I am." I say, holding her hand and kissing it.

If leaving will make her happy, so be it. I want her and Austin to be happy.

2

weeks later:

It has been two weeks, still no change. My parents come to visit, here and there. Austin is currently living with them, that way my mom takes care of him.

Damien has be arrested for hacking and invasion of privacy. He won't be gone for long but it will be a lesson he won't forget in a hurry.

I practically stay here because i'm always here. I sleep here and wake up early enough to get ready for work which I go to for 3 hours only.

I'm currently dozing off, my head on her lap while I'm seating on this uncomfortable chair.

I feel her caress my hair and my ear. Enjoying my dream, I decide to stay this way.

"Alexander." she whispers in a very coarse voice.

I turn my head to face her and open them, too see beautiful blue eyes looking at my lovingly.

Then the door opens and the doctor walks in before rushing back out and returning with two nurses and thats when I realised what's happening.

I'm not dreaming.

One nurse helps her drink a glass of water while the other helps the doctor in assessing her to see that everything is okay.

"Miss, do you know what your name is?" the doctor asks.

"Scarlett Dawn." she responds while looking at me, her eyes unreadable.

"Do you know this man here?" she points to me.

"Alexander West." she replies and the doctor nods, satisfied.

They walk out, leaving us together.

"Scarlett I-" I start before she holds her hand up, signalling that I stop talking.

"I forgive you Alexander. Life is too short to hold grudges. Life is too short and I want to enjoy it while I still can. The best people to enjoy my life with is none other than Austin and you. I love you so much Alexander and I want you to start trusting me. I'm not cheating on you nor am I after your money. All I want is you." she says, warming my heart in a way I can't explain.

"I don't know what Damien did and how he did it, but one thing I know for sure is that he wants us to fail and I ask that you don't allow that to happen. Please baby." she asks, not knowing the new developments.

"Nothing and nobody can ever come between us Scarlett. I want to make an honest woman out of you, will you make me the happiest man by saying yes to being Mrs West?" I ask, getting on one knee next to her bed.

"Are you asking me to marry you, Alexander?" she whispers, her eyes wide open.

"Yes." I say, taking out the diamond ring I bought a month ago.

"Without a doubt!" she answers, smiling a bright smile that reaches her gorgeous eyes.

My racing heart steps on the accelerator in joy. I can't believe she said yes.

I put the ring on her finger before she changes her mind and I lean in to kiss her.

The heart monitor goes haywire the closer I get and when I finally kiss her, the doctors and a few nurses rush in until they realise what's happening and congratulate us.

Her heart monitor still beeping loudly, I kiss her again before the doctors turn it off because its very loud.

She blushes crimson, embarrassed that I now know the full effect I have on her by just kissing her. If only she knew that the same happens with me.

A.N:

Holding grudges will get you nowhere. You will have too much baggage preventing you from moving.

Do you support Scarlett forgiving him yet again and accepting his proposal?

What would you do in her position and why?

Comment

Please vote and share.