Chapter 27

Chapter 27: "I'm not playing games, Scarlett!!"

It has been 6 months, I moved out of Alexander's house 4 months ago. We haven't gotten sometime to go on a date with Austin on one hand and work on the other. But Alexander comes to visit me everyday.

His parents, most especially his mother, visits Austin weekly to check how he is doing and to see how fast he is growing.

I haven't seen Damien ever since that day at the hospital, he and Alexander don't talk and I'm not happy because of this. I don't want to separate cousins but Damien isn't making it easy.

He wants Alexander to leave me, why? I don't know. He had his turn and he fucked up, not my fault!

Now that I'm moving on, he isn't happy. I didn't choose to fall for Alexander. It just happened along with a who lot of other shit. And if I knew they were cousins, I would stay as far away from Alexander as I could. But with Austin here and feelings matured, its just too late. There's no looking back, well there is but I'm not about to satisfy Damien and hurt my son and myself. Not in the lifetime nor the next.

I bathe Austin and dress him up for a night at his grandparents house. Mrs West has been begging me non-stop so I eventually agreed plus tonight Alexander and I have thee date.

I breastfeed him while waiting for his grandmother.

Knock-Knock

I walk with him, still breastfeeding, to the door and open it for Mrs West who looks at us adoringly.

I give her his baby bag with pumped breast milk sachets so him to feed on later on. When he pushed my nipple away with his tiny hand, eyes closed in obvious satisfaction, I let Mrs West take him and I tuck my breast into my bra.

"Don't worry dear, he is in good hands and will be back with you tomorrow." she says, smiling at the little figure.

I nod, looking at him longingly. We have never been apart. I even go with him to work, sometimes leaving him with my office nanny in case there a meeting but she is always on the other side of the wall.

It's the first time that I will not be with him and it scares me but I trust his grandparents, they would never hurt him.

She leaves and I sit around, feeling lost. I decided to catch some much needed sleep before I get ready for my hot date later.

Hours Later

I get out of bed, looking around my room in confusion to see the windows darkened. I then look at Austin cot and I freak out before realising where he is.

I drag myself to my shower and stand in the steamy hot water for God knows how long. When my fingers begin to prune, I walk out and wrap myself in my fluffy robe.

I walk into my closet and apply lavender scented lotion. I look at my closet, glad that I lost some baby fat. Not all of it because I don't have time to gym but majority of it.

I settle on wearing a forest green figure hugging dress with a peplum in the front only. On my back is a deep V exposing some skin and ending at my waist. It hides my belly and shows my beautiful curves and round behind.

I match it with nude pointed 5-inch stilletos and a matching clutch. I do a french braid on my long hair and decide on a pair of simple hanging diamond earrings.

Satisfied with my look, I walk to my dresser and apply make up. I do a smokey eye with some green in it to compliment the dress. I apply nude lipstick and walk to my living area where I wait.