Part 16

"Willy! Take a picture of me!" You said as you both got off the airplane in San Jose, admiring the new ring on your finger. Will took out his phone and snapped a few pictures of you before tossing it into his hockey bag.
       "You look stunning." He whispered in your ear, followed by a peck on the cheek. Your hands found each other's as you walked through the backside of the airport to the team bus.
       "I'll be back in a second, I gotta go put my bag under the bus." Another peck on the cheek.
       "Will's right, you look great." You turned around to find Auston.
       "Oh, thanks Aus." You said, a bit confused. You noticed Auston had been acting strange recently around you and you weren't sure how to act around him anymore. You felt a hand on your shoulder.
       "Let's go." Will said as he gestured toward the bus.

       The bus ride to the hotel the team was staying at was more fun than you could've imagined. The boys were playing their pump up playlist and you watched as all boys sang along to "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus. You truly loved being with all of them and you considered them your family.
       Halfway through the ride, Will turned off the music, stood up, and said he had an announcement.
       "Boys. I have something I'd like to share." He grabbed your wrist and stood you up next to him. "I'd like you to meet my fiancé..." I looked at Will and smiled while heartedly as he grabbed my hand to show the team the ring on my finger.
       "Finally!" Mitch screamed.
       "Thanks Mitch..." Will rolled his eyes.
       The bus was then filled with cheers of 'congratulations', 'we're so happy for you!', and 'i guess you're stuck with all of us forever!'. The last one brought to you by the one and only Mitchell Marner.
      You were so overwhelmed that tears started forming in your eyes and as you looked around the bus at the guys cheering for you, you spotted Auston. He had earbuds in both ears and had his head leaned against the window. You tapped on his nose hoping you'd gain his attention.
       "What?" He snarled, taking his earbuds out of his ears.
       "Oh, I just- did you hear? Will and I are engaged?!" You said, half heartedly.
       "Yeah, congrats." He said, putting his earbuds back in. He looked out the window and let out a sigh. You were worried about him; he's never acted like this before. You turned back around to realize everyone had gone silent and was focused on your conversation with Auston.
       "Uh- I don't know what up with him." You said, confused. You locked eyes at Mitch who held a frown on his face. "What's going on?"
       They all looked around at each other, exchanging looks.
       "I don't know, maybe he doesn't feel well?" Naz chimed in.
       "Oh yeah, he was pretty sick last week so maybe it's coming back," said Freddie.
                                  Bullshit
       "Oh, yeah." You said.
       Something was going on with Auston and you bound to determine what it was, but for now you just sat down and rested your head on Willy's shoulder.

_____________________________

So I think it's been like almost a year since I updated wow uh hi guys I'm back