Chapter 1.

Terra

It's been a year to the day. I stood outside the room, holding the door. I got as far as putting up a bookshelf, I had purchased a couple books for it, there were two photo frames and a stuffed teddy bear in it. I haven't touched this room since that day a year ago.

I closed the door and went to the kitchen and picked up my bag. Gemma, my Collie, followed me. I tousled the fur on her head and locked the front door.

I had to get to my restaurant. It wasn't anything fancy. But the locals love it. Plus I get set hours. 10am till 9pm, if I choice too.

Second in charge was Alexis. She covered closing shifts when I wasn't there. But tonight was her night off and I decided to pull the long 11 hour shift.

It took me six months to get this place going, and another six months of local support. I've worked hard on the place.

All night, I cooked and greeted customers. And when the last couple left, I locked up. Exhausted I went home and fed Gemma.

This was my life now. Just working. I took the weekend off for Ellie's wedding to Callum, well, they weren't exactly divorced, more of a renewal of vows.

But it was late nights every night the restaurant was open. I poured my heart and soul in to that. At least it won't break my heart.

I have moved on from my old life and all that I have left is my faithful girl, Gemma. My sister, Ellie had gone on a second honeymoon with Callum and their now nine year old daughter and my parents have finally taken that vacation they were planning and I was by my self.

But I was fine with that, I didn't want anyone. I didn't need anyone. I settled myself into bed and went to sleep.

*****

It was a quiet Thursday night and I wished the night was over. I had planned to take the long weekend off and I was eager for it to start.

My head was pounding and it had been a long day. One of the cooks didn't show up and I was a waitress down. More stress.

Instead of greeting my customers tonight, I stayed out back and helped with the cooking. It actually helped with my headache as I stopped giving it attention.

Once the night was over I felt so relieved. I locked up and went home, greeted by an over enthusiast dog.

"Hey girl. Calm down." I laughed at her. "I'm doing your dinner now. We'll go for a jog in the morning." I patted her head and placed her dish on the floor.

I made myself some tea and sat on the couch with a book.

I felt my eyes getting heavy after a couple chapters.

With a stifled yawn and stretch I got up.

"Come Gemma." I called. Gemma groaned at the front door and followed me to bed.

Gemma jumped up and has grown accustom to sleeping next to me instead at my feet like she use to.

****

Gemma was up before me. My bed was empty as I swung my legs off and got up. I quickly got dressed in to my jogging clothes. The early mornings out here were a bit chilly.

Gemma was whining by the front door.

"I'm coming." I grumbled as I pulled my hair up. "Let me get my shoes on."

I quickly laced up my joggers and grabbed Gemma's leash and wrapped it around my hand. Gemma didn't need her leash, but I like to bring it in case it's needed.

Gemma jumped around my feet waiting for me to open the door. The second I did, she was out by the letter box, already reclaiming her property.

"Is that what the sulking was last night?" I teased her. "Another puppy came and took your letterbox."

I put the earphones in my ears and turned on the music through my phone. Once ready, I started jogging, Gemma following me.

We ran a couple blocks when Gemma sped off. "Gemma!" I shouted as I stopped at the park. "Get back here!" But there was no sign of her any where.

Groaning, I headed in to the park as I took my ear phones out. I have no idea what got in to her. She never runs off.

Okay, hello all!

We've started. Another short story for every one. The chapters are shorter then DT (Deliciously Tempting)

We have two point of views as well. Something different.

I kept Gemma in here! Yay.

But Terra is in self exile. Read on people, I urge you to.

Vote, comment plus I'm new in twitter. I'm ljmay4 help me with it please

😁🤘