Chapter 6

Derrick

I saw the colour drain from her face. Good, I thought to myself. She knows that I know.

Terra shook her head. "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Don't lie to me Terra!" I snapped, making her jump.

"There is no baby." She stood up and walked to the door. "It's time for you to leave."

"Where is my baby?" I stood up and walked to her. But Terra didn't answer me.

"Please tell me you didn't abort it!" I snarled at her, but Terra stood there and took it. She didn't flinch at all. "Did you adopt it out? Is he or she at your sisters? Your parents? The neighbours?"

Terra held open the door, her head high. "There is no baby." She repeated.

"Bullshit Terra! I saw the pregnancy test!" I saw the confused look on her face. "I found it in our bathroom. I smashed the mirror cupboard and when I got it fixed I saw the pregnancy test, oh fuck this!" I turned on my heel and walked to the closest door in the hallway.

"Don't you go in there!" Terra shrieked, following me. I ignored her and opened the door. There was a queen sized bed and some drawers, Terra's room. I put my hand on the next door.

"Don't!" She sobbed. "Please!" I felt her hands on my arm, but I brushed her off as I opened the door. I stepped in to the room as I looked around.

There was a bookshelf with a handful of what looked like children's books and... I frowned. The photos missing from my house.

The only other thing in this room was a box with a picture of a cot on it. I frowned even deeper. I turned back to Terra.

I saw the tears well in her eyes. "I don't understand." I muttered, coming closer to her.

"Where's the baby? You're meant to have a five month old - at least- here."

I heard the small gasp escape her mouth as she covered it with one hand and stood back. Terra didn't even come in the room. She turned her back on me and walked out.

I followed her and snatched up her arm. She looked at me with so much hurt and anger in her eyes as the tears flowed.

"Where is the baby?" I spoke so softly I don't know if she actually heard me.

"I told you." Terra sobbed. "There is no baby." She tried to free her arm but I wouldn't let her go. She had managed to forcibly step into the lounge room. After a few more feeble attempts of trying to get her arm back, she gave up and started crying.

Full hysterical crying. My eyes widen. I had never seen her like this before. I instantly released her arm and swallowed her in to me. She raised her fists, trying to push me off, but I wasn't letting her go.

Terra threw in several punches in my chest, but I took it. Something happened. She wasn't crying over me, or the events that have taken place over the past four days. She was crying over a baby. There was a baby. What had happened?

I had never seen her cry before and now I had her in my arms, not how I had planned, sobbing her heart out.

I stopped pressing her about this mysterious child. I just stood there and held her as her sobs became less and less.

"There was a baby." She whispered into my chest. My body stiffened.

Was?

"What do you mean was?"

I asked her softly as I stroked her hair. She looked so frail and fragile. Because of me, I reckon. I caused all this.

"I.... I... I..."

"It's okay." I soothed her. I prayed that she didn't murder the innocent being. Or adopted it out, because I will bend heaven and earth looking for that child.

"I had a miscarriage."

It was then my world stopped. I felt even more ashamed. If all this didn't happen, would Terra still miscarry the babe?

I squeezed her tighter and placed my chin on her head. I had let her cry it out even more.

I coaxed her on to the couch and she sat with me. Her tears had soaked my shirt, but I didn't care. I held her with one hand and stroked her hair with another.

"I miscarried the baby. I'm so sorry." Came her wail.

"Sh." I hushed her. "Now, it's not your fault." We sat there, me holding onto Terra, as she cried.

"You could have rang me when you were in the hospital. I would have came straight away. I can't even imagine how scared you would've been."

But I got nothing from Terra. After another half hour, Terra's breathing calmed down. I let her stay there a bit longer until I carried her to her bed.

I gently placed her down and softly moved the hair from her wet face. Terra's cheeks were flushed and puffy.

She was a lot more skinnier then I first thought she was when I saw her on Friday. She was more fragile then when I met her 3 years ago. She was now broken.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a drink. I had to rethink this plan out. There was no longer a child in the picture.

I had to find another way to win her back.

Derrick's plans have back fired.

Can you guess how he planned on winning Terra back?

Stay tuned, another chapter is ready

Vote away.

Thank you