Chapter 10

Derrick

I had been blocked in at Terra's restaurant. People crowding me everywhere as I search for Terra. I saw her leave the room but I don't know if she left the restaurant.

I saw her colleague smirking at me before she carried on with her job.

After 40 minutes, I had managed to make my way to the front door and leave, quickly getting in my car, and driving.

I drove to Terra's house, noticing everything dark but one dim light. I went to her front door and turned the handle. It was unlocked.

I walked in to find Terra snuggled up on the couch, a lamp on behind her, and her eyes in a book. I closed the door being me after I acknowledged her playful grin.

"That was uncalled for." I said as I approached her.

Terra's smile got bigger, but ignored me for a few seconds, her eyes scanning the page, then turning it, placing a book mark in and snapping it shut.

"What ever do you mean?" Came her coy attitude.

I took the book off her and placed it on the coffee table, next to a half drunk cup of coffee.

Terra shrugged her shoulders and smirked. "That's one way to get you out of my hair. I'm gonna have to remember that."

I knelt down on the ground in front of her. "Really?" I grinned. "Why would you leave me there?"

She looked at me, her face was unreadable. "Payback. Besides I didn't skip town."

I smirked. "Payback?" I sat down properly on the rug.

"It just kills you that other men are interested in me." She snapped, her mood instantly changing.

"Yes. It does." I said flatly.

"Just like it kills you that I'm not interested in you."

"Yes." I gritted through my teeth. But I knew she was lying, I knew she had feelings still. I have seen the sly side looks she has thrown at me. "The point?"

Terra shook her head. "No point."

"I'm not having other men sniffing up my wife."

Terra went to say something, but stopped. She sighed and looked away from me.

"You can fight this all you want, but you will lose." I spoke softly, my eyes on her, but my fingers were on her hands.

"Do you always get what you want?" Terra's voice sounded distant.

"Yes, you should know that."

"This is just going to keep going around in circles, isn't it?"

"Only until I win." I nodded, feeling quite cocky about myself.

Terra groaned and shook her head, a ghost of a smile on her face.

"I want you back." I spoke softly to her.

"I know."

I arched my eyebrow.

"I want you back home."

"I know you do."

"Then what are we doing?" I asked her, confused.

Terra looked at me. "You want to play a game? I believe it's only fair that the other player knows of it too!" Terra snapped at me. She went to snatch her hands out of mine but she was too slow.

I got up and kissed her, holding her hands at bay.

Terra was squished between me and the couch, having no where to go.

She tried turning her head away, but I kissed her harder, biting on her lips. I wanted to consume her, have her all to myself again.

Terra fought me but she eventually gave in, her arms slacking against my hold and her mouth opened for me.

I felt the victory as I pushed on, as I felt her tongue on mine. She sucked my bottom lip in then pain! I opened my eyes and saw her staring straight me. My bottom lip between her teeth.

"Stop kissing me." She snarled at me. Terra released my lip and my hand flew to it. It was sore and it felt swollen.

"Okay, too far." I muttered as I backed off. I had planned on bruising her lips with my kisses, but she had out played me.

I stood up. Terra followed suit, fixing her shirt. "I'm going to bed." She stated as she snatched up her book. "You can see yourself out."

"What? You're not gonna invite me to stay?" I smirked. Terra turned to me.

"Stay where you did last weekend." She shrugged off my comment.

"It's a bit late. I don't won't to oppose the owner there."

Terra laughed at me. "But you have no problems opposing on me?"

I smiled at her. "No." I pouted.

"Fine." My heart leaped. "But you will be staying on the couch."

I shrugged as I followed her to her room. She got to the door and turned to me, her hand on my chest. "What do you think you are doing?" She asked me.

"Well, I need a pillow and blanket."

"You can stay there." She warned me.

Yet, I still followed her in to the room and shut the door. Terra stopped mid step to her bed for the blanket and sighed.

"Why must you fight me at every corner?" She asked softly.

"Because you know you want this. I can see it in your body language."

"That's my heart, you moron."

I smiled at her back as she composed herself. So I was right. But why does she want to go against this?

"But you are still fighting this? Why?" I asked as I stepped closer to her.

"Because I've built a life here."

"I see that. But don't you think it's time to come back to the one you had left behind?"

Terra didn't answer me. She just stood there with her back to me until I walked in front of her.

She looked in to my eyes and I could see the sadness and loneliness in her. Her longing and desire.

"I still love you as much as I did when I proposed to you." I said as I pulled her into me. I held her for another minute before taking the blanket at the end of her bed and walked out of the bedroom.

The emotions are high, the tension thick, will Terra give in to her urges?

Well Derrick has readmitted his love to Terra so what will happen next?

Y'all should know the drill

Vote and comment

Say Hi.

LJ