Chapter 19

Terra

"Happy birthday, Aunty Terra." Kayla said as she hugged me goodbye.

"Goodbye sweetie. You take care of mum and dad." I said as I kissed her head.

"And Teddy too." Kayla looked at me, defensive of her unborn sibling.

I laughed at her cuteness. "Yes and Teddy too. Are you reading to Teddy?"

Kayla nodded. "Yep. My favourite books."

I smiled as Kayla jumped in the car as Callum and my sister followed her. Callum held his wife as Ellie placed a hand on her small stomach.

I waved goodbye at them till they disappeared. I couldn't blame them for leaving early. It was a school night after all.

I went back inside to my husband and our parents.

Dad was shrugging on his jacket as he and my mum said farewell to my in laws, Yvonne and Marcus.

I hugged my dad, the man with few words, and then my mother.

"When you're ready to give us grand kids, I have one request." My mother said as I walked them to their car.

I smiled. "What would that be, mum?"

"I want them to have that accent."

I laughed with her as they drove off. That would be nice. I love Derrick's accent, his mother's was even heavier.

I didn't even make it back inside when Derrick joined me with his parents. "Thank you for coming over." I smiled at them as I hugged them.

"Happy birthday sweetheart." Marcus said.

"Thank you."

We waited till they left until we walked inside. It was early October and even though summer was around the corner, the nights were still a bit nippy.

Derrick wrapped his arm around mine as we dawdled inside.

I cleaned up the table as Derrick did the dishes. "It went well, didn't it?" I asked nervously as I walked in with a handful of dirty plates. It was our first full family dinner since Derrick and I got back together.

"Of course it did, dear." Derrick teased me as I scolded him. He knows I hate it when he calls me dear.

I shook my head at him and went back to the table for more dirty dishes. I remembered when we did a small dinner at Derrick's parents house for that announcement.

Yvonne had squealed in joy as she hugged me the second I walked in the door. Marcus had slapped Derrick up the back of his head while his mother started yelling at him about never letting me go again, while she was refusing to let me go, literally.

It was nearly the same with my parents. Ellie sat back and smiled while my parents were happy about us.

"It's about time." My father grumbled as he shook Derrick's hand.

So I believe tonight went well. I took the last of the dishes to the sink and wiped down the large table.

I quickly vacuumed the floor before helping Derrick.

I walked into the kitchen and most of the dishes were done.

"Cheater! You used the dishwasher." I grinned at him as I put away the salt and pepper.

"That's what it's there for, baby."

I pecked Derrick's lips. "I'm going for a shower." I whispered as I walked away.

I got up to the bathroom and slipped the long silk dress off me.

I let the hot water run down my face as I swept my hair up, letting the water massage my skin before I lathered myself up with soap and rinsed it off. Stepping out off the shower, I dried myself and slipped on some naughty looking underwear and the see through lacy dressing gown I had brought years ago as part of my Christmas present for Derrick. I slipped on my black heels and positioned myself on the bed.

Derrick finally joined me and stopped in his tracks the second he saw me.

Eyebrow raised, a smirk on his face, he pulled the tie off his shirt. "What are you doing?" He growled at me playfully as he slowly stripped off, taking small steps towards me.

I bit my bottom lip as I smiled at him. I even heard him groan.

"Sit." I patted the bed next to me.

Derrick sat next to me, his chest bare and pants undone.

"No more secrets." I said to him as I traced a finger on his chest.

"No more secrets." He repeated after me, his hand on my cheek.

"We stick by each other." I moved my sight to his eyes.

"Always."

I pecked his lips. "Good."

"How was your appointment today?" Derrick mumbled.

I giggled. Slightly off track. "Good." I put my right hand in his eye sight, wriggling my fingers. "Nearly fully healed." I smiled. "Sorry it took so long."

Derrick kissed the tip of my nose. "That's okay. I didn't mind. It is your birthday after all, and I was so over worked in that kitchen, cooking for everyone." Came his soft teasing.

I grinned, trying not to look too happy. "And I loved every second of it."

"The days not over yet."

"And I get to share the last few hours with you."

Derrick nibbled on my ear, making me giggle. "I would be pissed if that didn't happen."

"Well," I started in a matter of fact tone. "The reason I took so long was because I had to calm down before I came home."

Derrick pulled away from me, his face full of concern. "What happened? Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yes. But I'm now at a dilemma."

"Why's that?"

I looked myself over and saw that Derrick's hungry eyes did too. "I really want to make love to you, but if I tell you what happened today, you probably don't won't to do anything... Rough." I hinted at him and bit my lip waiting for his reply.

"That is a dilemma. I'm afraid as much as you look amazing and wish you would wear that all day, everyday, your well being is more important." With a sigh, Derrick sat back.

I rolled my eyes, still grinning at him as I opened my bedside drawer. "I've been dying to tell you this since I got home. I couldn't even allow myself to think about it, because I would have spilt the beans." I watched Derrick's face as I handed him his surprise.

The frown on his face only lasted a second then he lit up as he looked at the pregnancy test to me.

"You're pregnant?" His grin was ear to ear.

I laughed at him. "We're pregnant!"

The end 🤧😅

This is where the story ends.

Vote and comment.

Thank you

🤗

LJ