Chapter 12

Derrick

Terra was pacing back and forth in our home office as I looked over the paperwork. Gemma slept on the floor by the door as I tried concentrating on the files.

"Stop pacing." I grinned at her.

"How can I not be worried? It's right there."

I had rang the law firm the documents came from, but the number didn't exist. I googled it, but there is no such place.

"It's a fake, Terra."

"But who would do this?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly, I don't know. The signature isn't mine. The firm doesn't exist. Did you ring The Cottage?"

Terra nodded as she bit on a nail. I tilted my head, interesting, I thought to myself. She never use to do that.

"Do you want anything to eat? Drink?" I asked as I stood from my desk, but Terra shook her head. "It's getting late. We've been at this for a while."

"I know, but it's got me highly concerned."

I saw the worry written all over her face. "I know."

"We can't get them until we find out who it was and we have to prove they did it." I ushered Terra out of the office and turned off the lights.

I saw her stifle a yawn. "You're too tired to drive home."

But as usual, she fought me. "No, I'm fine." Terra answered as she dug her keys out of her bag.

I took the keys off her. "Absolutely not. You are not driving home tired. Not that distance." I slipped her keys in to my pocket.

"Give them back!" She growled as I ignored her and walked to the bedroom. I went through her clothes, the ones she left here and pulled out a pair of panties and then I went to my cupboard and pulled out one of my shirts.

I went back to the kitchen where I had left her and handed the clothes to her. "I don't want to hear any more of you driving home tonight. Now go upstairs and have a shower. I'll make something to eat."

Terra stood there, ready to explode, but instead, snatched the clothes and went upstairs. I went to the fridge and pulled out some chicken and started chopping it up.

I chucked it in to the frying pan with some basil, onion and garlic and put a pot of water on to boil.

Twenty minutes later, I was just dishing out dinner and Terra came down with a pout on.

She looked stunning. My shirt hung of her, whereas years ago,it never did. Her long, slender but bare legs walked towards me, her light brown hair waved down her back as she held the hem of the shirt down to cover as much as she could.

"I see I still have some clothes here." She said as she sat at the bar.

"Of course."

"But why did I have to wear one of your shirts?"

I placed a bowl of the chicken pasta in front of her. She watched my face as I turned to her and smiled. "Because I miss seeing you in them."

*****

I had offered Terra our room and I would sleep in a guest room, but we had found ourselves in front of the TV.

We were watching a documentary about pandas when I offered Terra a drink.

"I'll get them." She got up and stepped over Gemma as she went to the kitchen. I watched her long legs walk and smiled to myself.

Today was a nice surprise, unexpected, but nice. Except for the fraud documents.

I didn't appreciate that. I now have the task of trying to find the person doing this.

But having Terra in my arms today felt so right. Her under me and holding me as I took her on my office floor.

Her body responding to mine, gasping and moaning in pleasure, feeling her shudder, it was an overdrive.

But now I didn't know where we are. I never want her to leave again. But I didn't want to push her. We were now left in an awkward position.

Terra came back with a wine bottle, a glass and a beer.

"Sorry, I helped myself." She said as she sat on her crossed legs.

I smiled over at her. "It's okay." I wanted to add its also hers but I didn't want to edge her on.

She gave me my beer and I took a swig as she poured herself some wine.

"Are you still on that diet?" I inquired.

Terra shook her head. "Does it look like I need to stay on that?" Came her smile as she sipped the drink.

"When was the last time you had wine?"

Terra frowned at me. I know I'm being difficult right now, but I didn't care. If she was still on that diet, that had no alcohol, she would most likely be drunk by glass number two.

"Geez dad!" She joked as she shifted her position, leaning towards me to place the wine bottle on the table.

I smiled widely as I turned my body towards her.

"Why so concerned?" Terra asked, her eyes looking over the wine glass.

I shrugged as I placed my beer down and put my hands in front off me. "I'm allowed to be."

We sat there and chatted for a while. I knew Terra was nervous as she kept topping up her glass.

We had lost all interest in everything around us as I made her laugh. It was the sound of angels. I decided that I had missed her laugh the most, and tried to keep her happy and laughing.

Terra was getting drunk, I noticed, as she got bolder with her words.

"Why didn't you get rid off my stuff?"

But before I could answer, came another question. "Why did you keep all the photos up?" Then Terra got distracted. "That one is my favourite." She squealed as she pointed to it on the wall. "That was a good day." Then she pointed to another one.

I laughed at her foolishness as I sat there, staring at her. God, I love her.

"You said, a few days ago, you planned on getting me back anyway, what did you mean?"

I grinned at her as she tried to keep eye contact with me. "Exactly that."

Terra laughed again and drank the last of the wine. I wasn't offering her another bottle. "No," then she giggled. "How?"

I took the empty wine glass off her and placed it on the table. I leaned forward and kissed her neck as we both shifted our positions.

"What are you doing?" Terra whispered as I felt her melt in to me.

"Follow me." I stood up and took her hand. Terra crashed straight in to me and I swooped her up, placing an arm on her back and another under her legs.

"Now what are you doing?"

I smiled down at her and kissed the top of her nose. "You can't walk." I whispered as I carried her to the bedroom.

Terra giggled as I placed her on to the bed. "What are you doing now?"

"Showing you how I will win you back."

Well look at that, Derrick is trying to win Terra again.

But he is missing the start and middle of his courtship. The dating, the gifts.... *sigh* all men are the same when trying to win back their loved one. They think they have a silver tongue and forget that in a way, we start feeling loved from our presents...

Don't forget to vote and comment, share around.

I know it's a short story, that's the point.

Next chapter is ready...