Chapter 5

Terra

I walked in to The Cottage that Monday, a bit later then usual. I held a takeaway coffee in my hand when Sarah came to me, looking worried and stressed.

What happened now? I thought to myself.

"Oh thank goodness you're here. I tried to stop him, but he reckons he is one of the owners."

Straight away my heart sank. "It's okay Sarah, I can deal with him." I walked out the back to the kitchen where I saw Derrick chatting with one of the cooks. When he saw me, he smiled.

"Well, good morning!"

"My office, now." I snarled at him. I waited till Derrick was in my office as I slammed the door and walked to my table.

"How fucking dare you come in here, try and change things, claiming you are one of the owners!" I screamed at him. I placed my coffee on the table and sat down, my emotions ruling me as I tried to breathe.

"What are you doing?" I asked him after a minute, my voice much quieter.

"Helping you look after our business."

That right there irked me. "No. Nope. Sorry, but no. This is my business. Not yours. Not ours. Mine. I built this from nothing. I put in the hard yards. I invested my money in to this. You are no where near the picture." I sipped on my coffee. He was smirking. What the hell is up his sleeve now? I thought to myself.

But Derrick said nothing. All he did was pull out some paperwork that was folded in his pocket.

Derrick gently uncreased the paper and placed it on my desk. I saw the main title. I looked up at Derrick. "These are our divorce papers. I have a set of my own at my house."

"Did you actually read it?"

"No. I saw a piece of paper and signed it." Came my sarcastic tone. "Of course I read it. It's written to what I wanted, which was nothing from you." I saw him flinch at my words.

"Did you actually read them after I signed them."

My eyes widened. I looked back down at the papers. There was six pages, if I remember properly. I read every page and then there, I saw the clause on the second last page. He didn't sign it.

I got up from my desk, snatched my bag and ran out of the office. I quickly told Alexis to take over, I had an emergency. I saw Derrick leaving my office looking smug with himself. "And under no circumstances is he to do anything!" I yelled at her, pointing to Derrick.

I jumped in my car and raced home. I unlocked the door to see Gemma jumping for me.

"Wait, girl!" I cried as I dove for my room. The bottom drawer of my bedside table. That's were I kept the divorce papers. I snatched them up and walked out the front door again, locking it behind me. I went to my car when I saw another pull up.

Derrick.

I stopped short in my tracks. Now he knows where I live.

Derrick strutted up to me. I held my copy of the divorce papers in my hands. I flipped to the second last page.

It wasn't signed. I looked up at Derrick as he smirked, his arms crossed. A new wave of emotion swept through me.

I threw the papers at him. "You fucking bastard!" I screamed at him. I got my keys and opened my door and slammed it in Derrick's face.

I sat there on the floor crying. Why is this happening? Why must he be here, haunting me? I heard the banging on my front door and Gemma barking excitedly.

"Terra, let me in."

I ignored him as I just sat there, my head against the door, staring off in to space.

But Derrick didn't stop. Every couple of minutes, he would knock again.

"Go away, Derrick." I muttered. "Just go away!" I then screamed.

"Not till you let me in. We need a serious talk."

I sighed as I stood up. "There's nothing to talk about." I cried through the wooden door.

"I beg to differ." I stood by the door, waiting to hear him walk away, but it never happened.

"Terra!" Derrick banged on the door, making me jump. I wiped the tears off my face and caved in. I opened the door a crack but Derrick pushed it open completely.

Derrick strode in like he owned the place. "Are you hiding something from me?"

I slammed the door and looked at him with disgust.

"I don't want you here." I stuttered at him.

Derrick shrugged and sat on the couch. Gemma jumped up and sat next to him. Derrick gave Gemma a good rub down.

Traitor, I thought to myself.

I sighed as I sat opposite him on a chair from my little table. "What is there to talk about? I caught you, I left you, I divorced you."

"Well, technically we aren't divorced." Derrick placed the papers I threw at him earlier on to the coffee table.

"I've noticed that." I seethed.

"Then we are still married. There, that one is sorted."

I held my hand up in front of me. "Slow down. Nothing is settled. Just because we are still..." I couldn't say it. I felt sick.

"Married?"

"It doesn't mean we pick up from where we left of."

Derrick smiled at me and I felt glad I was sitting down. He still had that charming smile. "We can try."

I shook my head. "For all you know, I could be in a serious relationship."

Derrick looked around my small open lounge room. It joined to my dining and kitchen as well. It wasn't much, but it's mine.

He shook his head. "Sorry, I don't believe you."

"What makes you think I'm lying?" I frowned at him.

"Your photos."

"What of them?"

"You don't have any up."

I went to snap at him, but Derrick interrupted me. "You had a load of them up at your house. When you moved in to mine, that's one of the first things you did. Photos."

There was that cocky smile again. He had me there.

Derrick shifted in the couch. "Now, speaking of photos, it is weird you have none up. Is it because you're hiding something?"

I lifted my head up and glared at him. "I'm not hiding anything."

"You are!" Derrick growled. "I have a right to know."

"Know what? Well Derrick? You know why I left you. You know I own a business. You know where I live. What more can I hide from you?"

"Where's my child?"

Duhn Duhn duuuuuhn

He knows....

How will Terra handle this?

Will she tell him the truth? Will she lie?

The emotions of her past is now at play.

Vote, comment, yadda ya

xoxo