Chapter 9

Terra

The week was slowly going by and Derrick had planted himself in my thoughts. It had been nearly five months since I had thought of him.

The last time I allowed him in my thoughts was the week my baby would have been born. I had the week off away from the restaurant and set up a depressing mood at home for the week.

But now he has blown in to my life again, just like last time. I feel like I have no control again. My senses are all him. My thoughts also.

Memories of us had been a plague to me. When I got caught checking him out, when I had terrorised -his words- his thoughts making him think I was gay, that first kiss we had. Our first date, on the beach then we went for dinner, how I had spontaneously agreed to go to England with him and that romantic picnic by Warwick castle. I felt the familiar feelings coming back as a test trickled down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away as I shook my head. Not here, not now, I said to myself.

I sat at one of the empty tables in the restaurant. Thursday is always quiet. I enjoyed a quiet dinner in the corner of the place.

"Hey, mind if I join?"

I looked up and smiled. "Of course, Drew." I moved my paper work out of the way for him.

"So what brings you here, to my table?"

Drew sat down and made himself comfortable.

"Well, I was wondering when you wanted to do that dinner?"

I looked back at him, my eyebrows high.

"Dinner?"

"Yes," Drew smiled. His dark blonde hair sat above his green eyes. "Remember, when I asked you out for dinner the other week."

"Oh, yes." I remembered. Drew did ask me out and I asked for a raincheck. It wasn't the best timing, with my restaurant as my main goal. It still wasn't the best timing. I bit on my bottom lip. "Drew...." I started, looking up, my eyes widened. "Oh crap." I groaned.

Drew followed my eyes and saw Derrick. "Has he been giving you trouble?" Drew asked.

I shook my head as Derrick came up to us and kissed me straight on the lips. I closed my eyes, wanting to sink off my chair.

Derrick pulled away and glared at Drew.

"Drew, this is Derrick-" I started but Derrick interrupted.

"Her husband." Derrick smirked.

Drew's eyes widened. "Husband?"

I wanted to die.

"I didn't know you're married." Drew stood.

"I was, am, it's confusing." I apologised to Drew as he left and turned to Derrick. He looked highly proud of himself. "What the hell? That was uncalled for."

"Just making it clear, you're not available." Derrick sat where Drew was.

"That's not your call. We are separated." I seethed.

Derrick just grinned as he sat back. "No." He shook his head. "We are just living apart, for now."

I groaned at his words. So it's true, I thought to myself. I had a few days to think this over. He isn't going to leave me alone.

"I'm not doing this here." I whispered as I looked around the place.

Derrick agreed. "I have all night."

I rolled my eyes and pretended he wasn't there. I was so angry with him, but I ignored him for the rest of the night.

Once I finished my food, I gathered all my work and picked up my plate, but Derrick took it off me and followed me to the kitchen.

He placed the plate at the sink as I disappeared into my office and dropped the paperwork on my desk.

I came back out, seeing Derrick leaned against the wall next to the door.

"I'm not paying you for security." I glared at him as I walked past to Alexis, Derrick following me.

"I have a problem." I said to her and pointed my thumb to Derrick. "I've gotta go."

"What's he doing back here? I thought you took care off it?" Alexis asked as she flicked her eyes to Derrick then back to me.

"I'm still trying." I gritted my teeth.

"Who is he?" She whispered, but Derrick heard her.

Derrick stepped forward and wrapped an arm around me. I tried to wriggle out but his grip was tight. Please don't say it, I begged to myself.

"I'm Derrick Caine. Terra's husband."

Alexis just stared at me. "The Derrick Caine? You never told me your ex husband is Derrick Caine."

"Husband." Derrick corrected her.

"Shut up." I glared at him. "Yeah well, here he is." I paraded. Then a thought occurred to me.

"Does anyone else want to meet Mr Derrick Caine? World renowned chef, owner of the five star restaurant chains Bon Appetite, and Britain's TV show cooking judge, Britain's Hidden Chef?" I shouted to my customers. Everyone looked at me. "Here he is, accepting autographs!" I smiled wickedly at Derrick, backing out of the restaurant. People crowded him, asking him questions.

I saw him watching me, a playful grin on his face as I bowed to him and left. I got in the car and drove home. At least I'll have a few moments to myself before he arrives.

Derrick has put his foot down, he's marking his territory.

How amusing would that be though, creating a distraction to escape like that.

I think Terra enjoyed it too much tbh

Vote and comment people

Thank you 🤗

Until next chapter....