Chapter 1 - Adrien

Adrien Walker

What the fuck is wrong with these morons?

Can they not just shut the fuck up and get the hell to class.

There's no need to stand in the middle of the goddamn corridor and gossip about how you accidentally liked some hot dude's Instagram post or the fact that your mother walked in on you wanking.

Like, who gives a fuck?

Just let me get to class.

Fuck me, it's only the start of the second week of school and I'm already sick of this shit. How the hell am I gonna deal with this for the rest of the year?

I walk down the hallways surrounded by the biggest assholes in this school. They're all jumping and talking, but I zone them all out.

As I'm walking, some scrawny fucker accidentally hits me with his bag. Before I can even begin growling curses at him, he quickly starts stumbling over his apologies.

He better be fucking sorry.

I don't say anything, I just give him the usual glare and carry on walking.

Upon entering the history classroom, my eyes immediately wander over to my table at the back.

Ethan's sitting there with his head on the desk with his black hood pulled up, but it does nothing to contain his curls. Knowing him, he's already asleep. It doesn't matter what lesson it is, he just sleeps through them all. Doesn't even bother taking out a notebook and pen. He wakes up when the bell rings, and zombie-walks to his next class only to drop down in his seat and fall asleep again. The teachers don't bother with him, not even a glance in his direction. I don't know why they just let him sleep. But it's not like he's bothering anyone.

As the bell rings, I sense him slowly raise his head, as if checking where he is, before going back to sleep. He huddles a little closer to the radiator (he might as well just outright hug it) before going still again.

Wish I could fall asleep so fucking easily.

Once I'm certain he's asleep, I glance over at him. I'm surprised to find that there's no mud on his hoodie or jeans. His shoes are a little muddy though, but other than that he seems clean.

Ms Richards is currently rambling on about the state of collective amnesia the whole world entered after the Holocaust because they couldn't bear to accept that such an act of genocide happened. Or some bullshit like that. More like they didn't want to accept that someone was responsible for such atrocious actions, and how long it took them to act.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some Neo-Nazi. But seriously, how the fuck did one country manage to fuck up so badly? And then not even let anyone speak up about it after it happened, as though it was frowned upon to even mutter a word? Something as horrific as that happens, and no one wants to talk about it? Well, no one was allowed to talk about it. It's just fucked up.

Yeah the holocaust happened, and it was horrific, I get that. But why aren't we also learning about the other acts of genocide?

What about the ethnic cleansing that happened after WWII in Europe? The Bosnian genocide in 1995. It went on for 4 years. Ain't nobody educated about that.

The silent genocide that's been going on in China since 2014. The concentration camps in China are forcing Muslims to renounce their faith. They're killing and abusing over two million people. Concentration camps, just like how they had in Germany. Oh, but of course, the world doesn't care about that. They're white and obviously, all Muslims are terrorists, not fucking human beings like the rest of us.