Chapter 14 ❤

~Hazel's POV~

~~Flashback~~

After a long day at work, filled with angry bosses and impatient customers, I could finally go home. Which isn't my favorite place to be either. I wrap my jacket around my body as I try to keep warm. The bitter wind nips at face, my cheeks rosy from the contact. After a long walk, yea, my awful parents (more like my awful father) couldn't buy me a car, I walked up my dingy driveway. I unlocked my heavy front door and walked in. I look around and find my mom on the floor, unconscious. My eyes widen, a gasp/scream escaping my mouth. I rushed over, my eyes filling with tears instantly. "Mom? MOM?!" I scream, tears running down my still cold cheeks at a rapid pace. "Mom! Mom, please wake up please!" I screamed, shaking her shoulders lightly, not wanting to hurt her anymore than she already is.

After sitting next to my unconscious mother, my eyes still shedding unwanted tears, I heard the floor creep slightly, indicating someone else was in the house with me. The only other people in the house would be my deadbeat dad and little brother who's only 3 so he wouldn't be walking around. I slowly turned around to come face to face with my overly drunk father. The fear in my eyes couldn't explain how I'm feeling right now, my father wasn't the best dad in the world, well I'd be lying if I said that. My father has be a down-right awful man who's abused my mother and myself for awhile now. So coming face to face with him isn't as good as it sounds. "Well, if it isn't the little bitch herself." He spat out, taking another swig of whisky right from the bottle. I wiped my tears, my body filling with anger by the minute.

"What did you do to her you monster!?" I yelled, taking a chance as I stepped closer to my sad excuse of a dad. He just smirked and took a big gulp of the rest of whisky before throwing it to the ground. "She was annoying me with her constant talking and complaining so I decided to bash her head with one of my beer bottle. It's not like she's dead, maybe this will teach you to not come home so late." He sneered, stepping closer until he was in my face. I went to slap his ugly face but was stopped short when he grabbed my wrist. "I wouldn't do that sweetie, you could get hurt." As he said that,his grip tightened, making it harder to escape and me wince in pain. "You forget about something there smartass." I said before kneeing him below the belt, making him bend over in pain, falling to the floor, letting mt wrist go. Once I was free, I grabbed my phone that fell to ground when I got up and called the police to tell them what happened. I got done with the phone call and ran out the door to where I knew I would be safe.......the park.

~~end of flashback~~

I shuddered after I was done telling the horrific events that happened not even an hour ago.....yea I know, I was at the park for over an hour before Louis showed up. I snuggled closer to his chest, trying to warm up since it was starting to get dark. I felt Louis rub small circles in-between my shoulder blades, releasing the tension that developed over this experience. "I'm so sorry that happened to you Hazel, no one should be going through that with their own parents, especially someone as beautiful as you." He said, whispering the last part, hoping that I didn't hear him. But I did, so I tightening my hold on his waist to show that I heard him. He buried his face in my hair, kissing the top ever so gentle, so soft that I didn't even feel it.

"Did the police arrest your father or?" Louis wondered, somewhat cautiously. I signed, finally feeling some relief, burying my head closer to his t-shirt covered chest, breathing in his sweet scent-a mixture of laundry detergent and cologne- knowing that my dad was taken to jail immediately after I called them. I nodded against his chest, smiling for the first time in the last hour, but as soon as it came, it disappeared. A new wave of tears started trailing down my cheeks again and a small sob came from my mouth, making Louis tighten his grip on me. "But my mom, I don't know if she's awake or even alive." I say, another sob escaping my mouth, more hot tears running down my cheeks again. Louis stroked my hair, kissing my head gently. "Do you know what hospital she's in? They did bring her to the hospital right?" He asked, concern clearly in his voice. I nodded, gripping his shirt in my fist. "Of course they did, as soon as I called the police, they checked in with the paramedics and rushed over to my house, I saw them drive past as I ran here." I rambled. I felt Louis nod his head against my forehead.