"I'm fine"

Previously:
With shaky hands, I went to press the call button on my moms number, but...

...before I could call, there was a knock on the bus door. What I heard was definitely not what I was expecting.
    "Oh, hi Sinu. Alejandro. What are you guys doing here?"

Well shit, so much for not wanting to talk to them. Before I could hear them say anything, I walked out hesitantly.

    "Hey, Mami..Hi, Papi," I spoke so quietly, I don't even know if anyone heard me or not. I was so busy starting at the floor, I couldn't even tell if anyone knew I was standing there. Hm, what an interesting floor pattern.
    "Mija?" Oh no, I'm not ready. What do I do? What do I say? Hope you feel better. Get well soon! No, I'll sound like a frikin card someone gets in the hospital. I'll just go with...
    "How are you feeling?" Wow, I'm so awkward.
    "Just a little tired, but we wanted to see how you were doing," Dad, you...'re sick, why are you asking me how I'm doing?
"i'm fine."
    "Walz, you're terrible at lying, don't even try that with us," Ok...Dinah, Why are you still here?
    "Girls, can we have a moment to talk with Karla alone?" Don't call me Karla.
    "Yeah, sure," Lauren pushes all of them out. Thank you, I mouth to her. She just smiles and goes to the back room with the others.

Lauren's POV:
I wonder what they're talking about. I really hope she's ok.
Dinah's really freaking out, she's pacing back and forth, making the other girls dizzy while watching her. I get she's a good friend and all but..Camila's parents are visiting, what's got her so anxious about that?
"You ok there, DJ?" Normani places a hand on her shoulder to stop her from pacing. Though she stopped walking, she still seems really nervous.
"Hm? What? Yeeaahh, I'm good. It's aaaaalll good in theeee..hood...I'm fine," Ok wtf what that Dinah.
"Yeah, no. That was the definition of not ok. What's wrong with you? And what's wrong with Mila's parents coming to visit?" Ally started to interrogate her.
"Oh, um. I don't know..? Maybe they just felt like visiting, ya know? It's fine, I'm fine, it's all fine, I'm sure they're fine. Heh.." Ok now I know something going on for real.

Camila's POV:
Wow ok..didn't expect them to visit. Didn't expect that new piece of news..ok...
I decided to let the girls know they can be free now that our conversation is over, but first I need to wipe my tears away. When I opened the door, Lauren and Dinah came running towards me at lightning speed.
"Are you ok? Is everything alright?"
"What did they say?"
"We're you crying?"
"Are they staying?"
"Am I allowed to know what's happening now?"
"Who's hungry?"
That one was Ally. I'll have to make sure I thank her for that later.
"Oh, I could eat. Let's go make some dinner, Ally," Normani dragged Ally out to make dinner and keep my parents company for a bit.
"Ok, now that they're gone, are you ok?"
"I'm fine."
"Walz, we know you're not fine," Dinah engulfed me in a big hug and I cried for the second time in less than 20 minutes. Lauren joined in the hug and I felt safe, yet suffocated at the same time. I wiggled around until they both let go and speed walked to the kitchen. Honestly, I wasn't hungry and it was really quiet and awkward while everyone was eating, so I left my still full plate and went to my bunk. I still couldn't believe what my parents had told me. How did they expect me to take news like that? Oh God, have they told Sofi any of this? Does she even know?
"Ok, what's going on?"
"I don't feel like talking right now, Lauren," I know I was being rude, but I really just wanted to be alone and completely silent right now. I wonder what it'd be like to be selectively mute? Well, then I couldn't sing so that wouldn't be a good idea.
"..Ok, can I at least lie with you?" I thought about it for probably 10 minutes. She probably thought I either fell asleep or she left and I didn't notice. I turned around and she was still there, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows and a small frown. She looks so worried. I don't want to worry her, but I'm just not in the mood for...anything right now.
"Can I just have a night to myself? All alone?...I promise I'm fine," 100% lie, but she doesn't need to worry anymore.
"Ok..ok yeah, sure. I'll just..u-um..I'll leave you a-alone then," she stumbled up onto her feet again and walked to her bunk. I don't mean to hurt or worry her. I'm just really..not fine.