The Beginning

No one POV

Lucy Heartfillia was preparing for the worst day of her life; 'The Gift', it was a event that happened once a year, and contrary to the name it was not something to look forward too.

On that day a girl from each kingdom was selected by the dragons (who ruled over all kingdom's) and was to be sacrificed to the dragons; where they were devoured. And this year Lucy Heartfillia was the sacrifice.

The event was only 2 months away, and she had to pack all of her things; so they could be disposed of when she was 'offered'.

There was a slight knock on the door when Lucy said "Come in." A girl with blue jay hair and coffee brown eyes walked in "Hey Lu" It was Levy, she was Lucy's best friend for as long as she could remember.

Lucy smiled softly before saying "Hey Levy, What's up." Levy smiled back and pointed to the Kings Quarters "Your idiot of a father wanted to see you." Lucy chucked and said " You shouldn't talk like that, somone might hear you; besides it's impolite to call the king an idiot, even if he is one"

Levy smiled waved good-bye saying "I'll catch you later Lu, I've still got maid work to do" then sarcastically said "Not like you know anything about that 'princess'" She had emphasized the princess.

Yes, Lucy might have been a princess, but her father still believed in everyone doing hard work; especially Lucy.

When Lucy had arrived at her
fathe- the Kings Quarters, she knocked before a rugged voice said coldly "Enter" Lucy had slowly opened the door to see her father staring at a portrait of her deceased mother;
Layla Heartfilia.

She had died from a newly discover disease 3 years ago, and only after her death had they found the cure.

"You wanted to see me father?" He lowered his cold eyes down towards her and with his hate filled voice said "What did I tell you about calling me that horrible name you insolent wrench!" He screamed as he threw his wine filled cup all over her new dress. He didnt care if it was new, and if he did, he would blame her for ruining it. That's the kind of person Jude Heartfillia was; that's the kind of person her 'father' was.

Lucy lowered her head slowly before looking up and apologizing for being so stupid. Jude then looked at her again before saying "I was just going to say, be quicker in packing your stuff, I'd like to see your horrible face out of my kingdom as soon as possible"

Lucy expected something like this, her father always talk to her like that. The reason was because Lucy looked exactly like her deceased mother and her father couldn't bear to look at her any longer than necessary. In a soft tone Lucy replied with a "Yes, your Majesty." And left.