Smile

Natsu POV

I was in a sweet dream when I started to smell something..............salty? I awake to see a Lucy touching her tears as they slowly fall to the floor.

Out of instinct I reach up, wrapping my arms around her waist, and pulling her into my chest then softly whispering " Don't cry Luce, I don't like it when you cry" My voice was filled with concern, and it was true; I didn't like it when she cried. It felt like something was tearing out of my chest, yelling at me to console her, and i started to frown.

I then pulled her face out of my chest gently so I could look her in the eyes, when I had succeded in this I slowly said "What's wrong Luce?" This seemed to only make her tears, pour out more.

My face was turned into a sad smile and yet again told her to tell me what was wrong, but yet again she refused, "Come on Luce, at least smile. I like your smile." I did, it was calming and it somehow reminded me of my hometown. 'Magnolia, and my favorite place there, was the Fairy Tail bar.'

Oh, how I missed the place. I haven't been there since......since.... Well for awhile.

Luce's tears had started to stop so once again, for the third time said "What's the matter Luce?"

Lucy POV

Oh my Mavis! If he asks that one more time I'm seriously going to go berserk. This is the third time, doesn't he get tired of it. Can't he see I'm said because I'm going to die in 2 month's. Not even that; devoured.

Oh yeah, he doesn't  know. I started to giggle at the thought, this seems to make him even more concerned "Luce? Are you alright? Your not gonna die on me are you?" He had said the last part as a joke and chuckled at it, but it still hurt me, I was actually going to die; and here he is making jokes about it.

So, I said the first thing that popped in my mind "You little piece of shit!" This seemed to startle him, i didn't care i just kept going " How dare you make light of death, it could happen to anyone at any minute and you laugh at the thought, you little prick!" I then look at a hurt Natsu, his eyes looked like they were about to pop and he avoided eye contact, and I instantly regretted what I said "Natsu..." I said trailing off, before he stood up and ran.

Natsu POV

I got up and ran out of Lucy's room, all sorts of thoughts running through my head 'She hates me now!' Or 'What did I do wrong, i was just trying to comfort her' and many more things like that went through my head before the biggest one hit me harder than that Volkin

"I, Natsu Dragneel; broke rule number 1"