[1]

November 4th, 2038

    ***

"Mommy! Come look at this cool robot!" A high pitched voice, shouted.

I blinked rapidly, and slowly moved my head around me.

A little human boy stood before me, with an excited grin on his face. Another human stood before me as well, but an adult one. She looked at me with a blank look on her face.

"Yes, darling. Do you want this one?" She asked, looking down at the boy. He nodded his head eagerly, reaching his hand out towards me.

"Yes, I want this one!" He says, and I drew back from his touch. The little boy scrunched up his face in displeasure, and looked up at the human adult in anguish.

"Mommy! It won't let me touch it!" He cried, tears starting to form in his eyes. The adult tried to soothe the boy, while glaring at me. "How dare you make my son cry, you stupid android!" The adult snapped at me.

"Is there a problem here?" A voice came from my left. Another adult came, and stood next to me with a displeased look on her face. "Yes, that android made my son cry! Let me speak to the manager." She says, narrowing her eyes at the other human adult.

The other human crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes back. "I AM the manager. But, let me say this before you explain yourself. I saw what happened, and your son shouldn't be touching the androids in the first place, unless you already bought it. Did you buy this android yet?" She asked, staring intently at the human adult.

I watched silently as the adult became flustered and started to squirm a little in nervousness. "Well, no, I haven't bought it." She answered. She looked around her, and noticed that she had everyone in the store's attention.

She then straightened herself and grabbed the little human boys hand. She glared at me, before scoffing at the other human adults direction.

"But now, I won't be purchasing the android. Come on, darling. We don't need this useless thing." She says, walking out of the store, with the little human boy in tow.

The human that was standing next to me, sighed in exhaustion. I moved my head in her direction, and put my hand onto her shoulder gently.

"Are you alright?" I asked, watching her intently. She looked at me, then to my hand. "Yes, I'm alright. It's just been a long day. Excuse me, I need to do some paperwork." She says, shrugging off my hand and walking off.

I watched as she disappeared into the crowd of people, and I lowered my arm back to my side.

It was almost closing time, and I was still standing there. The last human with his android left the store, and I closed my eyes.

It was quiet.

Until I heard the entrance door open.

I didn't open my eyes, but I could hear the brisk walk of high heels heading towards me. The heels made an echo in the store, and it stopped once it was in front of me.

"Ma'am? It's almost closing time." I heard an employee say.

"I've just come to purchase this android." She replied.

...

...

"Open your eyes." She ordered.

I don't know why I did. She wasn't my owner, but I opened my eyes anyways.

I slowly opened my eyes, and stared at the human adult that was standing in front of me. She had her arms crossed, and held an aura of power around her.

She looked at me, and gave a slight smile.

"Yes, she will do just fine."

                                              ***

Hey guys! I hoped you liked this chapter ^-^ I'm glad you guys are liking this so far. I'll try my hardest to update more and make longer chapters along the way.

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|