[6]

November 5th, 2038

                                             ***

I sat beside Hank at the bar, and Joshua was on my lap. He didn't want to sit beside me, and insisted on sitting on my lap. I didn't object, since it was a request from my owner.

Hank was drinking from a tiny glass, and drank it in one go. He was now on his 7th glass, and I gave him a questioning look. "Why are you drinking so much?" I asked, watching as he drank his 7th glass and then slammed it down onto the wooden bar.

He glanced towards me, and grunted. "I want to, that's why." He replied, and turned to the bartender. "Another one of these." Hank says, and the bartender nodded. I watched him prepare the drink once more, and gives it to Hank.

"Can I try one?" Joshua asked, curiosity on his face. "Absolutely not, kid. It's bad for you, and will damage your health." Hank snaps, looking at Joshua with a stern look.

Joshua titled his head. "Then why do you do it?" He asked. Hank opened his mouth to speak, but then closed it. He stared at Joshua with a soft look on his face.

"You remind me so much of him." Hank whispered. I looked at him confused, and Joshua had a confused look on him as well.

"Who?" Joshua asked. Hank didn't say anything, and just stared down at his empty glass. "Nothing..." Hank grumbled. I was about to say something, when the entrance to the bar opened.

I didn't pay any attention, and just sat there silently. A moment later, I heard a voice beside me.

"Excuse me, are you Lieutenant Anderson?"

                                                 ***

Hey guys! I'm back from vacation. Here's a short chapter for you, you're welcome ^-^ Anyways, I wonder who that person could be?

I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|