[5]

November 5th, 2038

***

Looking out the window, I watched the buildings past by quickly. The street lamps glowed brightly onto the street, lighting the way for people to see through the dark night.

I looked down, and saw Joshua laying down on my lap. He slept peacefully, and I bring my hand to wipe the hair that had fallen in front of his face.

"You seem to have taken a liking to that boy." A low voice says. I looked up and stared at the man that was driving the car. "It seems so." I replied, and he chuckled.

"I didn't know that androids could have emotions. You're machines after all." He says, but had a matter-of-fact tone to it. I blinked, and turned my head to look back out the window.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I have no emotions, and I only care for this kid because he's one of my owners." I stated. He only gave a grunt in response, and the rest of the ride continued in silence.

***

"We're here." Hank called out, and turned off the engine. I watched him get out, and slammed the car door forcefully. I looked down at Joshua, and gently shook him on the shoulder.

"Joshua, wake up. We're here." I say, and watched him move a little in my lap. He opened his eyes, and slowly raised up. He looked out the window, and then looked back at me in curiosity.

"Where are we?" He asked, titling his head. "I don't know, Hank just said that we arrived." I answered. He nodded and then opened the door, stepping out on the pavement below him. I followed after him, and stood up as well.

"You coming?" Hank called out, an impatient tone in his voice. "We're coming!" Joshua called back. I closed the door, and began to walk towards where Hank was.

It seemed to be a bar, but why are we here? We both followed Hank inside the bar, and saw all kind of human people. There was no other android in sight, besides me.

"Hey, no androids are allowed in here!" A voice called out, and I looked to my left. A old man began to stand up and walk towards us. He glared at me as he stood before us.

"Did you read the sign? We don't allow your kind in here. So, get out." He snarls, and started to advance towards me. Joshua hid behind me, and started to tremble slightly.

"There's no need for that, Royce. She's with me, so get lost." Hank says, coming towards us with an annoyed look on his face.

Royce gave him a scowl. "The sign clearly says that androids are not allowed in this place. She's no exception, even if you know her." He grumbled.

"Excuse me? Do you know who I am? Don't you dare get on my bad side, Royce." Hank snarled, now standing right in front of the old man. Royce's eyes widen in fear, and gulped loudly.

"Alright, calm down. I'll back off her." He says, and backs away from him. Before he went to sit back in his seat, he gave me a harsh glare. I ignored and Hank turned to me.

"Sorry about that. Royce doesn't like..." He trailed off. "He doesn't like androids? I noticed when he tried to kick me out of here." I respond, and he chuckled. "Yeah, is the kid alright? He seems pretty shaken." Hank asked, looking around me and at Joshua.

I turned and looked down at Joshua, who was still behind me and grabbing onto my android suit. "You okay?" I asked. He looked up and nodded. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. These people scare me..." He whispers, looking around him.

I patted his head, and gave him a slight smile. "It's okay. They won't hurt you." I say, trying to calm him down. He smiled at me and nodded, letting go of me. He slipped his hand into mine, and squeezed tightly. I squeezed back and turned back to Hank.

He was watching me intently, and I gave him a curious look. "What?" I asked. He just shook his head, and began to walk away. "Follow me, and keep the kid close to you. People here can be quite...rude." He says, and I nodded.

"Of course."

***

Hey guys! I hoped you like this chapter. Sorry for the late update, I'm on vacation right now. I usually update 2 days after each chapter, but the chapters will be back on schedule when I get back from vacation ^-^

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|