[12]

November 5th, 2038

Hey guys! Before we start, I want to apologize for my absence again. I was in Florida with my family for vacation, so I wasn't able to update while I was there. I'm trying to get updates every 2 days, but it's turning out to be once a week. Is that alright with you? I'll make the chapters longer, considering that it's one update for each week.

Also, I wanted to say that I made another book on Connor. It's a One-Shot book, and if you want to request anything, then I'll be more than happy to do it. All the information that you need, is in the book if you have any questions.

Anyways, thank you for being patient. As always, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|

***

Walking down the steps, I gazed around to find Caleb sitting at a table. As I stepped off the last step, I made my way towards him. He snapped his head up at me, when he heard me coming near him. "Oh, you're back." He says, a slight smile on his face.

I nodded, and stood in front of the table. "Yes, I put Joshua to bed. He's been exhausted all day, and needed rest. That slight cold he has, isn't making him any better." I say, and Caleb nodded.

"I see...Why don't you take a seat, (Y/N)?" He says, tilting his head. There isn't another chair at the table, so I scanned my surroundings. There is a wooden chair in the corner of the room, on its side.

I was about to walk over there, when Caleb suddenly stood up. "I'll get it for you." He says, and quickly walked over to the chair. I blinked, and stared at him as he walked back over with the chair in his arms.

When he placed the chair in front of the table, where I will be sitting across from him, he patted it lightly. "There you go." He says, smiling. I sat down on the chair, and stared intently at Caleb as he sat back down in his own seat.

We sat in silence for awhile, both staring at each other with blank stares. "Why are you helping us?" I asked, and watched him blink in surprise. "What do you mean? I'm just helping a fellow android out, there's no harm in doing that...is there?" He says, shaking his head.

"No, that's not what I meant. From what I know, your model is designed to fight. Humans make you hurt other androids for their amusement. You should hate humans for the things they make you do, shouldn't you?" I asked, cocking my head slightly.

His gaze left mine, and looked down at the table with a solemn expression. "Yes, I...I do hate the humans for making me do things that I don't want to do. They made me do...horrible things to those androids when I fought them. Just for their amusement..." He muttered, his voice filled with resentment.

"Then why are you helping this little human boy?" I asked, and he looked up at me with an unreadable expression. "H-He...reminded me of this one android." He whispered, looking back down once more.

I stared at him, waiting for him to continue. "I was made to not feel emotions, when I fought. To not feel anger, hatred, guilt, and sadness...when I destroyed those other androids. All of us are made to not feel anything, so that we can keep entertaining the humans. To obey them, and don't hesitate to follow their orders." He says, and intertwined his hands on the table.

"I always obeyed my owner, and always tried to please him. Every match I've been in, I'll try my best to win, just so that he'll be happy." He mumbled, trembling a bit. I leaned forward, and stared intently at his blank expression.

"Is that true?" I asked, titling my head. He slowly looked up at me, and shook his head. "N-No...it's not." He stuttered, frowning. "Then why are you trying so hard to please your owner?" I questioned, and watched tears start to form in his eyes.

"If I didn't please him...then he'll beat me. Every time I was in a match, I'm afraid that if I lose...he'll beat me to death and find another android to replace me. So, I always did my best to win...not caring about the androids that I destroyed. But every time I look at the destroyed android on the ground below me, I always ask myself this one question..." He trailed off, his hands tightened into fists.

Gazing at me, tears fell from his eyes and slowly slide down his cheeks. "Is this really worth it?" He finished, staring into my eyes intently. "Is this really worth pleasing this one man...to just destroy those androids and save my own? I felt selfish and angry at my actions..." He says, clenching his jaw.

"But I was scared...I didn't want to be destroyed." He says, a bitter tone in his voice. I leaned back in my chair, and placed my hands onto my lap. "But, so did those other androids. They didn't want to be destroyed, either. An yet, you still destroyed them to save your own life." I say, coldly.

He looked away from me, and closed his eyes tightly. "I know that...I tell myself that it's not my fault, that it's the way I'm designed to be. But, that doesn't excuse for what I do. Those androids didn't know how to fight, you know?" He says, opening his eyes.

I blinked at his words, and tilted my head slightly. "What do you mean? Shouldn't they know how to fight, if they're there to fight?" I asked, and he shook his head. "No, humans like entertainment. They seem to stop liking to watch other humans fight each other...so they use their androids. Those androids don't even know that they're about to be destroyed, to spend their last moment being beaten to death. The humans don't care that they are destroyed...after all, androids can be easily be replaced." He says, solemnly.

"Then one day, I was forced to fight a little android boy. He, like all the other androids that came before him, didn't know what was about to happen to him. This was the first time that an android kid, is sent here to fight." He says, his eyes downcast.

"The owners of the androids that are sent to fight, watch them from afar. To fulfill their sick amusement..." He spat, bitterly. "To see a couple watching from the other side, smirks on their faces...made hatred run through me. I wanted them to be inside the ring, to experience how the androids felt. I wanted to hurt them...not just them, but every human that sent their androids there. But, I knew that if I refuse to obey...then I'll be destroyed." He says, trembling.

"I didn't want to hurt him, and as I continue to look at him...I knew that I never could. I was lost in a battle between either being destroyed, or sparing this little androids life." He says, and I stared at him intently. "So, what did you choose?" I asked, and he smiled slightly.

"I spared his life, and in return...I was destroyed." He whispers, then gazed at me with a smirk. "Well, almost destroyed me. When they thought I wasn't alive anymore, they sent me to a horrible place." He says, frowning. "What kind of place?" I asked, and he shook his head rapidly.

"I don't want to remember, but all I can tell you is that it's a place where androids are nothing but scraps of parts." He says, resentfully.

We sat in silence once more, when Caleb finished speaking. I didn't know what else to say, so I just sat there and waited for Joshua to wake up.