[13]

November 5th, 2038

***

"(Y/N)...?" I heard a small voice whisper. I opened my eyes, and gazed to the stairs. Joshua is standing there, his eyes hooded with exhaustion. He brought his small hand to his eye, and rubbed gently.

I stood up from where I was sitting on the chair, and walked over to him. "Are you feeling any better?" I asked, titling my head. He smiled sleepily, and nodded softly. "Yeah, but I'm still a little tired." He says, looking up at me.

I scanned him, and it seems that his body temperature went down a bit. Which was good, considering that before he rested, he was running a fever.

I noticed something that he was holding slightly behind his back, and leaned to the side a little to see what it was. "What are you holding?" I asked, and Joshua smiles brightly. "Oh, I found this in the closet!" He says, excitedly. He brought up a stuffed animal that was a panda, and held it up in front of his face.

"Isn't it cool?" He asked, eagerness in his voice. I cocked my head slightly, and scanned the panda. It seemed to be fine, there are no tears or stains. It seemed to be in good condition, besides the dust that it collected over the years that it's been here.

"Yes, it does look nice." I say, and he began to bounce up and down. "Can I keep it? Pretty please! I promise I'll take good care of it!" He asked, eagerness in his tone. I stared at him for a moment, then nodded. "I'm fine with that. Just keep up with it, alright?" I asked, and Joshua nodded enthusiastically. "I will!" He says, grinning.

Suddenly, I heard a loud growl coming from Joshua. He started to laugh, and smiled shyly. "Are you getting hungry?" I asked, and he nodded rapidly. "Yes, is there anything to eat?" He asked, and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Let me check." I say, and walked away.

I went into the kitchen, and went through the fridge. There's nothing inside besides spoiled milk, and rotten meat. I shut the fridge door, and began to look through the cupboards. Finding nothing, I shut the cupboard and walked back to where Joshua is.

He's now sitting on the chair, that I was sitting on before. He looked up at me, when he noticed me walking towards him. "Did you find anything?" He asked, tilting his head. I shook my head, and his expression fell. "Let's go to the store, we'll find something there." I suggested, and he smiled up at me.

"Alright!" He says, and hops off the chair. Taking my hand, we both began to walk towards the door. But before I can open it, the door opened from the other side. Caleb tilted his head, when he noticed us standing there. "What are you doing?" He asked, and I gazed at him. "We're leaving to find something to eat, Joshua is hungry. Thank you for your hospitality, but we need to go." I say, and he nodded.

"I see, well it was nice having you here. You can come back anytime, if you want." He says, and I nodded. "We will, we'll see you again, Caleb." I say, and went past him as he moved out of the way for us. "Bye, Caleb!" Joshua called out as we walked away, a big smile on his face.

                                               ***

"I'm sure there was a grocery store near here..." I trailed off, looking around us. It was raining gently on our forms, and I could faintly hear thunder in the distance. My eyes scanned ahead of us, and I could see lights that labeled, "Spectacular Store" on a building. "I found a grocery store, we can find you food there." I say, and Joshua beams. "I can't wait! Hopefully they'll have the kind of cookies and chips that I like." He says, pursing his lips.

"We'll have to see, if they don't then you'll have to find something else." I say, Joshua pouts. "Alright..." He mumbled, looking down. We continued to walk, and a few minutes later, we're now standing in front of the store.

But, before we went inside, I squinted my eyes when I saw what looked like an android in the store. She's at the cash register, and is talking to the cashier. I can also see a little girl roaming around the store, she seemed nervous.

"What are we waiting for?" Joshua asked, impatience in his tone. I blinked rapidly, and I forced myself to stop looking at the android in the store.  I gripped Joshua's hand tighter, and we both walked inside.

                                             ***

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, I have a Yearbook class so I'm always busy after school taking pictures and stuff for Yearbook. I actually got back from taking pictures of the football game, and I just got back and decided to finish off this chapter.

Also, I didn't know what the store was called where Kara and Alice went into if you chose that as your objective. So, I just made one up. But, if any of you know what it's called, please tell me and I'll change it ^-^

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|