[9]

November 5th, 2038

   ***

I watched as Connor gripped onto the edge of the roof desperately, trying not to lose his grip and fall to his death. I closed my eyes, trying to think on what I should do.

Should I leave him there and escape?

Or...

Should I help him and get caught?

I felt Joshua shift in my arms, and I opened my eyes to looked down at him. He was looking at Connor with conflicted emotions, and had a frown on his face. I gazed at Connor once more for a moment, then back to Joshua.

I made my decision.

Shaking my head, I turned to walk away. Joshua comes first, I don't need to help him. He'll just turn me in and take Joshua away.

I only walked a few steps, when Joshua struggled in my grip. I stopped and gazed down at him confusingly. "What's wrong?" I asked, tilting my head. He didn't say anything, and just struggled even more. I blinked at his actions, but I let him down onto the floor of the roof.

I watched as he ran over to Connor and tried helping him up. He was pulling at his hand, and trying to bring him up onto the roof. But, he didn't have enough strength and lets go of Connor. Joshua fell onto the ground, and was panting heavily.

He looked back, and stared at me with pleading eyes. I clenched my jaw, and looked away. Why does he want to help him? What good will it do, he will just turn us in regardless of saving him.

"(Y/N)..." Joshua whimpers, slowly standing up. "I order you to help him!" He exclaims, clenching his fists. I blinked at his order, and stared at him.

Help him?

Having no choice, I felt stiff as I walked over to Connor, my mouth set in a firm line. Joshua watched me silently, as he stood to the side. I leaned down and reached my hand out, grabbing onto Connor's hand harshly. He snapped his head up, and looked at me confusingly.

I hoisted him up over the edge of the roof, and he fell onto his side. I stood up and walked over to Joshua, taking his hand in mine. I felt his stare on me, but I didn't look at him. My eyes is trained on Connor, waiting to see what he will do next.

Eventually, Connor slowly began to sit up, and he gazed at us silently. We all just stared at each other, the only sound that can be heard is the rain pouring down on us. Suddenly, Connor opened his mouth and stared directly at me.

"Why did you help me?" He asked, tilting his head. I blinked and nodded down to Joshua. "He ordered me to. I didn't want to help you, and instead just leave you there." I say, my lips twitching downwards.

"You compiled to his orders?" Connor asked, his eyebrows furrowing, and I nodded at his question. "Yes, he's my owner after all. I have to obey his every order." I say, slightly looking at Joshua that was standing beside me.

Connor stared at us for a moment, then stood up. He fixed his tie, and gazed at me. "It seems that I was incorrect about you being a Deviant. Perhaps something is wrong with my software, and it made me recognize you as such." He says, and closed his eyes.

His LED flashed yellow rapidly, and then went back to blue. He opened his eyes, and began to walk towards us. "This seems to be a misunderstanding. I apologized for my incorrect knowledge and behavior. I sent CyberLife a report about this, so that it can be fixed. You're free to go, (Y/N)." Connor says, standing a few feet away from us.

I felt Joshua let go of my hand, and take a step towards Connor. "Wait, you're not after us anymore? Why are you stopping all of a sudden?" Joshua asked, titling his head. Connor stared at him for a moment, then to me.

"It's because she obeyed you. Deviants don't obey anyone, and only do what they wish. If she hadn't have complied to your order, then this would've been a different situation." He explains, and Joshua nodded.

"I have no other reason to be here, so I will be going now. Again, I apologize for my behavior earlier. Hopefully we'll see each other again, but in better terms. Have a good rest of the night." Connor says, and turns back to way we came from.

Joshua and I just stood there silently, watching him leave. I felt a tug on my android suit, and I looked down. "Where do we go now?" Joshua asked, and I looked away from him.

Looking out into the dark street of Detroit, I opened my mouth to answer. "To find your mother." I answered, my hand gripping Joshua's hand tightly. I glanced back over to where Connor just left, and I felt the wind slightly blow my hair in front of my face.

"But we can't do it alone." I whispered.

It seems that we will see Connor again, sooner than we thought.

***

Hey guys! I hoped you liked this chapter and the early update. Just a warning, this will be a slow romance. I don't believe in that love at first sight stuff, so be prepared for slow building. But don't worry, there will be plenty a fluff in the future, so look forward to that ^-^

Anyways, I hope you have an awesome day/night!

|Never Out|