chapter nine

••••••••••

••••••••••

SEPTEMBER 4TH, 2017 — ❝ I THINK I'M IN LOVE. ❞

Tom and Eloise had been dating for nearly a month.

And Tom was starting to think he was in love with her.

Sure, he'd thought he'd been in love with Taylor. And the girl he'd dated before her, but those had all ended up being infatuations. The feelings faded after a month or two spent apart, but Eloise . . .

This was the third time Tom was trying to start this chapter. Eloise had sent him an advanced readers copy of her newest book, and his mind had been set on one thing: Eloise. And it was refusing to move.

Every time he thought of her, he felt his heart swell and he felt like he was a young teen again. He grabbed his phone, sending a text to Chris, asking if he had felt this way when he'd met his wife, Elsa.

— Is this love, Mr. Hiddleston?

I think it is. I truly think it is. I haven't been able to read past the page in my book. For the last hour I've been struggling to read, but all I can think of is Eloise.

— It sounds like you're in love, my friend.

Tom wasn't sure what to do.

So he did the one thing he could think of—call Eloise and ask if she'd like to come over to his house.

↠↠↠↠↠

When Tom opened up his front door, the smile that was already painted on Eloise's face made his heart pound. He grinned, ushering her in, and Eloise said, "This place looks nice!"

Just a week before, Tom had sort-of moved out of Eloise and Nikolai's house and rented his own house. This was the first time Eloise was seeing it, and just knowing that he wanted to be in the area to be closer to her made her heart flutter.

"Yeah, I've been cleaning it up a bit, and adding some more furniture, but it really does look nice, doesn't it?" Tom put his hands on his hips, looking around. Eloise turned around, and came over, wrapping her arms around him.

"I still can't believe I'm dating you," She said, grinning. Tom laughed, and put his hands on her shoulders, and said, "Oh, you better believe it, because I can't believe I'm dating you."

They both smiled as he leaned down, pecking her on the lips, when his phone went off. Both of them audibly groaned, and went to go sit on the couch together. Tom raised the phone to his ear, and said, "Hello?"