chapter twelve

••••••••••

••••••••••

OCTOBER 11TH, 2017 — ❝ THOR RAGNAROK - THE PREMIERE! ❞

It had been cutting it late into the night when Tom and Eloise had arrived at the airport in Los Angeles, and were relieved that the premiere wasn't until the next day. They just had to make sure they were awake in time, and hopefully not striving off of coffee.

The next morning, the day of the premiere, Eloise had made the mistake of drinking coffee, so not only was she incredibly excited to finally see the movie, but she was hyper too. As she was sitting in one of the seats, watching Tom get his hair done, she was bouncing and grinning.

"Oh, I can't wait," Eloise said for the hundredth time. "I can't wait!"

Tom laughed, seeing Alice roll her eyes from off to the side, and said, "What are you excited for again?"

This time, Eloise giggled, and fell over in her seat. "Tom, please, please, please remind me next time to not drink coffee. Because otherwise I'll forget, and I'll probably do this during my book tour. And I really, really, really don't want to do that."

A knock came to the door, and Tessa popped her head in, and asked, "How are things in here?"

Both Tom and Eloise grinned over at her, and Eloise responded, "I'm probably being annoying right now, if anything."

"Me too, girl. Want to get some donuts? There's a place not far from here." Tessa replied, grinning. Eloise got up, but faltered in one of her steps towards the door when she heard Alice mutter, "Yeah, because that's what she needs, is more sugar."

Eloise flushed, and Tessa closed the door behind them, and said, "Ignore Alice. She's just bitter that Tom is paying attention to another woman who isn't her."

"But isn't she married?" Eloise asked, and Tessa rolled her eyes, and nodded, saying, "Yeah. She hates me. Even though Tom and I were never anything more than friends. She just hated the fact that he has female friends."

"I don't really like her, but I don't want to complain in front of Tom," Tessa explained, and the two women turned a corner. "If I personally know someone, I find it a little bit harder to point some things out to them. Such as, Alice."

Eloise nodded, groaning. "I love Tom, I really do, but I-"

"Wait a second." Tessa stopped walking, reaching out and grabbing Eloise's arm. "Say that again."

"Say what again?" Eloise asked, and then realized what she'd said. "Oh my god."

"Have you told Tom how you feel?" Tessa asked, grinning. "This is so cute! I want your relationship to work out. I didn't like Taylor."

Laughing, Eloise motioned for them to keep walking, and hooked her arm with Tessa's again. "I really want this to work out, too," She admitted, "Taylor was . . . She didn't seem good for him. You know? I didn't like that they dated."