chapter ten

••••••••••

••••••••••

SEPTEMBER 14TH, 2017 — ❝ NEW YORK, NEW YORK! ❞

Things had been great between Eloise and Tom.

So good, in fact, that Eloise was starting tor realize that she'd fallen deeper in love than she ever thought possible. And being with him this long was starting to make her nervous. Eventually, he was going to ask for something, and she was dreading having to come out to him.

"Sex makes the world go 'round," a quote in which had been written by Eloise's own voice character, in the Stars Awaken spin-off series. Once again, Eloise was hanging out in her father's study, and suddenly said, "Do you think we're too close?"

Nikolai looked over, and then scooted over, and asked, "Is that better?"

Eloise chuckled, and then said, "No. I saw this thing online that people think it's weird that I'm almost thirty and I've moved back in with you."

"Oh. No, well, I don't think we're too close. You pay rent and utilities, and pay for your own car. You moved back in because of recovery." Nikolai scooted back over, wrapping an arm around her. They were both sitting on his desk, trying to reorganize his bookshelves. "Besides, you're my daughter, I'd do anything to help you."

Smiling gratefully over at him, Eloise asked, "When do you think I should tell Tom about my asexuality?"

"Hmm." Nikolai looked at the shelf in front of them, and then back at his daughter. "I say when the time feels right. When you're completely comfortable about it. I don't want you to rush your coming out, and the last thing I want is for you to panic about it."

Eloise leaned her head onto his shoulder, and said, "Thank you, dad. For letting me come back after what happened with Alan."

"Of course, darling. Of course." Nikolai took her hand in his, kissing the palm of it. "You're my daughter. One of my best friends. I would never turn you away."

After a small moment of silence, Eloise asked, "Do you want to go to the city?"

"What, just leave this all behind for us to deal with tonight?" Nikolai asked, and they shifted, turning to look at each other. He grinned, laughing as he said, "Uh, yes, I would love to go to the city."

"We'll take the train, then?" Eloise asked, hopping off the desk. She held out her hands, and her father groaned, putting all of his weight onto his body. She laughed as he pulled her forward and into a hug.

"Oh, yes, we'll take the train," Nikolai said, hugging his daughter tightly. "I love you, my darling."

"I love you too, dad."

↠↠↠↠↠

On the Amtrak, both father and daughter decided to edit their own books.