chapter twenty-two

••••••••••

••••••••••

APRIL 23RD, 2018 — ❝ IF LOKI DIES, I'M RIOTING. ❞

Eloise looked down at the two tickets she had in her hand.

One of them was the ticket for the movie. The second one was a ticket to pick up a dress to rent.

So here she was, dressed in a red button-up and blue jeans, matched with black flats. She had sunglasses hiding her eyes, which were slightly glazed, but also hiding them from the incredibly bright sun--brighter than usual, thanks to the mini-hangover she was nursing.

She watched everyone interact with each other, and then saw Chris Hemsworth from afar, with his wife, Elsa. Part of her wanted to go up to him, to go hug him, and apologize for distancing herself from him, but instead she stayed, her feet glued to the ground, as she continued watching everything, unsure.

"Eloise!" She snapped back into reality, looking around, and saw Chris walking towards her, hand-in-hand with Elsa.

Seeing Chris so happy with his wife made Eloise feel incredibly sad. "Hi, Chris," Eloise lamely responded, and then said, "Hi, Elsa."

"You came! I was hoping you'd come," Elsa replied, and then saw Eloise's sunglasses, and the downcast look that had come about her friend. "How are you doing, honey?"

Eloise licked her lips, and went to reply something snarky, before she sighed, and replied, "Well, these last few months have been fucking rough. But, well . . . I decided I might as well come here."

"A little hungover, eh Eloise?" Chris gently teased, and Eloise said, "Yeah."

Chris stepped forward, slinging his arm around Eloise, and pulled her towards him, into a group hug with Elsa. "Now, let me help you lose that frown of yours, Eloise," He said, "I've missed you too much for you to my little cloud of rain."

As the three of them walked, Elsa on Chris's left side, while Eloise was on his right, she stretched her arm across his chest, and said, "I'm sorry. I've been really upset these last few days. I got drunk last night at my hotel's bar. I'm not sure how I'm going to react when I see Tom, though."

Chris sharply inhaled, and said, "He's really nervous. So nervous, in fact, that he refuses to come out of his dressing room."

"He says he won't come out unless you're here," Elsa added. "If you hadn't come, I don't know who would've ended up dragging him out of his dressing room."

Eloise bit her lip as she pictured Tom, huddled in his dressing room, refusing to answer the door whenever someone knocked, and would only say, "I'll come out once Eloise is here!"