chapter eleven

••••••••••

••••••••••

OCTOBER 1ST, 2017 — ❝ THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH. ❞

After arriving late in the night to the Grand Californian hotel, they were awake by six in the morning, and explored the hotel as they waited for shops and the restaurant to open. They held hands as they did so, and Eloise felt as though this would be a great trip.

"So, when the park opens, where shall we go first?" Tom asked excitedly as they walked down the hallway, arms linked. Eloise grinned, and immediately replied, "Peter Pan's Flight. That one always get swamped. I want to get there and enjoy that first.

"What character would you like to meet first?" Eloise asked, and Tom grinned, and replied, "Oh, definitely Gaston. He's in Fantasyland as well. Or maybe Mickey or Minnie."

"Oh, definitely." She replied, and then pointed down the hall, and said, "I think they're opening up the restaurant now."

"Perfect. I'm starving," Tom said, and they walked down the hallway, and towards the opening, and the waiter brightened when she saw Eloise and Tom, and exclaimed, "Hello, good morning!"

"Good morning," The couple replied, both smiling back at her.

The waiter, who introduced herself as Alaina, explained to them how the snack bar worked, and then said, "I love you both, by the way. You two are really cute together."

Eloise smiled over at her, and replied, "Thank you. It's really nice to hear that."

Alaina smiled back at them, and then left them to serve themselves. Tom and Eloise made small talk about their plans for the day, and then paid for their food. They waved goodbye to Alaina, and took their food back to their hotel room.

They watched the mini-movies that had been specifically filmed for Disneyland, they made small talk about their favorite movies.

"Mulan, definitely, one hundred percent Mulan," Eloise said as her favorite movie, "a close second would be Hercules. I love those two so damn much."

"Mine would have to be the Jungle Book. And then in second place, Mary Poppins," Tom replied, grinning as he took a drink of his orange juice. She grinned back at him, and then started bouncing her shoulders, singing, "Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife!"

Tom giggled, leaning forward, and Eloise laughed, and said, "Alright. After Peter Pan, what's the second plan of action?"

"The Alice in Wonderland ride. That one, like Peter's, is always swamped with people. I want to get there first as well." Tom replied, and Eloise nodded, and replied, "I like how you think. That's brilliant. And since we'll be so close to Small World, we can go straight to Toontown and enjoy it's presence."