Chapter 8

Taehyung's POV

"Just one more mark baby and everyone will know you belong to me." The older man smirks, climbing on top of me with the knife in his clutch.

I tremble underneath him, my arms and legs oddly unable to move. "NO! S-STOP IT!" I squeal, my skin burning when he presses the knife against my skin.

"You belong to me! Only me!" He shrieks, the blade slowly digging into my skin. My screams only get louder...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
I fling my body forward, my skin dripping with sweat as my hair plasters itself to my forehead while I frantically look at my surroundings. I heave a sigh of relief when I realise it was only a dream. My hand clings to my chest while I try my best to calm the palpitations. My breathing was rugged, cutting through the eerie silence.

"Taehyung?" A tired voice calls out. I turn my head slightly, still puffing air in and out of my lungs.

Hoseok is now sitting upright, one of his hands rubbing at his eye to clear away the sleep. I feel my heart break, annoyed at myself for waking him. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry!" I squeak, wiping at the wetness on my cheeks.

He stares at me for a few minutes, his eyes squinting. "Are you crying?" He questions. I bite my lower lip, "I'm sorry." I repeat again, tears welling up in my brown orbs. I angrily wipe the tears away with my sweater paws, annoyed that I was being such a weakling. 'It was just a dream, get over it!!'

"It's okay Taehyung." Hoseok tries to comfort me but rage got the better of me, "is it though?! Is it really all okay that I almost got raped?! That a psychopath literally carved his name in my arm!! I know for a damn fact that it will never heal!!! I'm gonna have to live with this forever!!!" I yell, peeling my sleeve up enough to wave the bandaged arm in air.

Hoseok sat there dumbfounded, so many emotions crossing his face...

Anger.
.
.
.
.
.
Worry.
.
.
.
.
.
Fear.
.
.
.
.
.
Hurt.

When I see the pain I caused him, I instantly regretted shouting at him. I sigh, "I'm sorry Hoseok, I didn't mean to take it out on you...I'm just scared." I admit quietly. Hoseok nods, understanding before grabbing my hands in his. "I will get you out of this Tae, I promise." I blush a little at the cute nickname he gave me but what really makes my cheeks heat up was when he kisses my hands gently.

I wanted to pull away, embarrassed by his actions yet I found it comforting. I was in need of human contact that I know wouldn't hurt me.

We sat like that for a while, neither one of us knowing what to say. "...hyung?" I finally whisper. Hoseok tenses a little at my words before relaxing, "yeah?"

"Why have you been here for so long? Does your parents not know about you being kidnapped?"

He lets out a sigh before mumbling, "they know Tae, they know that I'm here."

My eyes widen at his words, my pupils switching between both of his, trying to find some sign of an emotion.

Nothing.

His face was stone cold, no expression present.

"It's okay Taehyung." He weakly smiles. I notice that he is using my full name now, obviously showing that it does still hurt him to talk about it. "I'm sorry." My gaze drops to the grimy tiles as he continues to hold my hands.

"It's not your fault." He spoke softly before he turns bitter, "my parents obviously care more about their dirty money than their own son, I guess."

It broke my heart to hear him speak so coldly about his parents. My mind instantly pictures my own, how they must be worried sick. I knew that my mom would be up late every night, sitting by the window, waiting for my dad to get home after searching yet another day. How they would often cry, forgetting to eat, hardly sleeping. I couldn't stop the tears from welling up at the thought.

And then when Hoseok spoke about his own, it only hurts more. His parents knew he was here but didn't have the decency to save him. 'How can they even call themselves parents if they couldn't even care for their own child?!'

"They just want money...right?" I suddenly ask Hoseok. "It doesn't matter if it comes from your own parents?" I watch the brunette boy purse his lips. "Taehyung, even if they did pay for my safe return, it would be pointless."

My brows frown together, "w-what do you mean?"

"They never really let you go..."  He mutters into the air. In that instant, I panic. "W-what?"

Hoseok looks me dead in the eye before whispers out the next few words...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
"As soon as they have the money, they dispose of you like your life has no meaning."

"You mean they-" He cuts me off. "-That's right Taehyung...they kill you."