t w e n t y - f o u r

I woke up instantly remembering the kiss. My cheeks burned and a smile appeared on my lips as I snuggled my face into the blanket all embarrassed. Did that really happen? Did I really kiss him? When did I even start liking him?

It hasn't even been twelve hours since I last saw him and yet, I was yearning to be beside him. And the fact he was in next apartment made my heart flutter. I wondered if he felt the same. Was he in his room waiting for me to wake up? Should I go and check? No! I couldn't seem like I was excited to see him. I should wait. He was probably still sleeping.

But when I closed my eyes, I imagined of the kiss. The way his arms felt around me, the way his lips touched mine. It felt surreal.

"Why are you smiling?" I heard.

I opened my eyes and found Mia staring at me with an expressionless face beside me. I screamed in startle, jumping up and felt myself tumble over the bed and onto the bed landing on the side of my hips. I groaned in pain and rubbed my hip.

"What's wrong with you?" Mia asked.

I averted my gaze to the floor and pressed my lips together. I know she didn't like Daniel, but I wanted to tell her. I needed to tell her.

"Daniel and I kissed," I said shyly.

"What?" Mia screamed.

My eyes widened and I jumped up, covering Mia's mouth with my hand.

"Shh! You'll wake up Dina and everyone else in the building," I snapped.

Mia pushed my hand away and blinked in disbelief. "You kissed Daniel? Why would you do that? Who kissed first? When did you kiss? Did you like it? How was it?" Mia asked, bombarding me with a thousand questions.

I cleared my throat, smiling shyly and sat on the bed. "We kissed last night and," I bit my bottom lip. "I kissed him first."

Mia's jaw dropped open. "You made the first move?"

"Well, he asked my permission first and I said yes, and then next thing you know I kissed him."

I told her everything. I told her about our trip in the morning to watch the sunrise, the swimming in the ocean and when we got back, the dancing in the rain. Mia was quiet the entire time, but she didn't look upset or happy. Did she think it was a mistake? Did she think Daniel was tricking me? No, how could I think that? He kissed me back.

"You guys kissed three times?" she asked.

"I don't know what to do when I face him. Should I pretend it didn't happen?"

Deep down, I hope she wouldn't tell me to forget it. Deep down, I didn't want to forget it. I wanted to walk into the room see Daniel waiting for me and kiss him again. I wanted to be near him. I wanted him to embrace me like the way he did yesterday. This was such a strange feeling, and I couldn't stop smiling. It felt like euphoria.

"Depends. Did you like the kiss?"

I didn't say anything. I just looked at my hand shyly and I felt like an idiot for being this shy. I shouldn't be shy about this. It was just Mia. It wasn't like I was talking to dad about it.

"Oh my god," Mia mumbled suddenly.

I frowned. "What?" I asked.

"You like Daniel! You like, like him. As in more than a friend like," Mia said it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I bet you even love him."

"Hold up," I raised a hand to her, "Like, yes. But love? No. I don't love him." At least, I don't think it was love. I never experience love before. I mean, I loved my dad and I loved Mia but that was a different kind of love. A love that someone has for a significant other was foreign to me. So, was this it? No, it couldn't be. Love had to be unambiguous. It was clear as day.