t w e n t y - s e v e n

"I think we have a problem," Daniel whispered as we were on the train, heading to school.

I turned the page of the textbook, reading the next chapter for chemistry class. "What problem?" I asked absentmindedly.

Daniel was sitting right beside me while Mia sat across from me, facing me. She had her head leaned against the window, eyes closed and headphone in, while I decided to use this time to study. Daniel, on the other hand, had been trying to find something to do the entire time.

"I realised that you haven't completed actually completed a crossed item on your list," he said, lifting the bucket list to my visual view.

"What item?" He had my attention now.

"Make a deal you'd regret," he answered, smiling smugly.

I knew where he was going with this. While he had every intention of being cocky right now, he had a point. If it weren't for the bucket list, he wouldn't have become my friend. He and I wouldn't be dating right now. Or are we boyfriend and girlfriend? I wasn't sure just yet. He did say I was his girlfriend in front of dad, but we never had that discussion.

"What are you talking about? Of course, I have," I replied feigning confusion.

"What?" Daniel frowned. "I meant the deal you made with me," he clarified.

I nodded with a straight face. "I know, I am too."

He shifted in his seat to face me more and narrowed his eyes. "It's not a deal you ended up regretting though. If it weren't for that deal, you and I would never have happened," he said, cockily, again.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Someone had to reign him down someday. Instead, I nodded again with the same straight face. "Yeah, exactly. If it weren't for that deal, I probably would've been with Kyle right now."

Daniel's expression dropped and his jaw tensed. I tried not laughing. "What?" he asked, his voice serious.

"I mean if it weren't for that deal, Kyle would've asked me out, I would've said yes, and he and I would be dating. I could have been dating the vice captain of school," I said as if it just dawned on me. "Crazy how just one little thing could've changed so much."

I was too nervous to look at Daniel. I could tell he was jealous. It was oozing out of him.

Instead, Daniel leaned closer to me his face near mine with a hint of mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well, it's not too late you know. Kyle still likes you so I'm sure he'll take you if you asked," he said.

I was confused. Was he teasing me or was he jealous? He shifted in his seat, so his body faced away me only slightly and he crossed his arms.

I supressed a laugh. Definitely jealous. I leaned against his shoulder and he didn't seem to like it but didn't move. I looped my arm with his and scootched over closer to him.

"Aw, don't be like that Daniel. I already know I could have him if I wanted to. I still pick you," I said trying to sound as cute as possible as I leaned my chin on his shoulder, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. I really hoped I looked cute.

But when Daniel glanced at me from the corner of his eyes, I noticed his cheek turned lightly pink. He cleared his throat and shifted, trying to shake me off but I held on tighter.

"There's no one else I'd rather be with," I added.

"Damn straight," he mumbled almost inaudibly.

I continued to lean my head against his shoulder. But I was nervous. There was another thing on my list I still hadn't finished. I don't even know what type of deal I should enter into that would make me regret. I looked over to Mia. She wanted to use that item. Maybe she still was willing? But I wasn't too sure I wanted to know what she wanted me to do.