Chapter 3

| Touka |

Ring! Ring!

My alarm clocks goes off, I turned it off and sat up. I looked at myself in the mirror. I decided not to go to college today since we can go anytime. I got off my rectangular bed with purple sheets that match my color and white pillow that represents the color of snowshoe hares. A loud noise came from the cafe and I heard Nishiki yelled out, "K-K-K-Kanekiii...!" I ignored the fact Kaneki works here now, and he's even human. "Sorry!" He said. The fact we have 2 new employees are rare and one is human which is even impossible.

I went to go get ready for the job and looked at my refrigerator, except my human meat was all gone and now we don't kill humans, we feed off of suicidal corpses. I bet that Nishiki ate it or Roma did! I went down stairs and out on my uniform and yelled out, "Who ate my breakfast!" Luckily we were not opened yet so I'm free to yell out ghoul stuff. Except... oh shit, Kaneki.

"Heeeh? I didn't eat it! I ate my own!" Roma was cleaning off the cup Kaneki broke. "Roma! Sh!" Nishiki shushed her, we all know that Kaneki and forgot he was here. The bell rings and here came Hide. "Oi Kaneki, I heard you had a new job so I stopped by and visi-." Hide looked at all of us quiet. "Oh Mr. Nishio! Hello there old friend." Hide greeted Nishiki.

"Hello." replied Nishiki. "Hey Hide." Kaneki said as customers came in. We all resumed back to working and working till it was closing time.

| Kaneki |

"So Kaneki, you and Touka's relationship one step ahead?" Hide grinned. "N-No it's not like that, I don't like her other a-anything!" I stuttered, it's just complicated feelings I'm having. Besides, from Touka's attitude, I think the step just went backwards 2 times! "Aaah I see, if you're stuttering then that means you like her?!" Hide was obviously changing the topic about me not liking her.

"Oi Kaneki! Get to work!" Touka elbowed me in the back of the head as I grunt in pain. "Y-Yes ma'am." I spoke out in pain. "I'll be leaving thanks for the coffee, here's your tip." Hide gave me $5 and left as I thanked him. I went to work as a waiter and Touka as a waitress. But I must say she looks absolute stunning, her natural purple hair and a bang covering her left eye. But what am I saying! She doesn't like me! Obviously since she elbowed me in the back of the head why other reasons can I say?!

I kept rushing towards the customers with tea and coffees till I accidentally made one fall to the ground and shattered. Everyone looked at me, Roma was relieved it wasn't her this time. "KANEKI!!" Touka grabbed my arm and pulled me to the manager's office. The door opened as Yoshimaru was sipping his best coffee. "Yes Touka and Kaneki?"

"Kaneki shattered 2 cups in one day!" Touka snitched. Please don't fire me. "Don't worry Touka, it's his first time just like Roma. I don't see why you're doing that to her when you are doing that to Kaneki." Yoshimaru outsmarted her plan to throw me away from the job. "But!" Touka whined!

Tears went down my cheeks as Yoshimaru noticed. "Touka, look behind you." Touka looked surprised to see me crying. "I just want a job to support myself! Can you not prevent me from losing it!" I pushed her and ran to my room next to Touka's.

| Touka |

As Kaneki pushes me and runs upstairs to his room, I was surprised. Did my actions hurt him that much. "Touka, you must not make other workers feel useless. Also he might mistakenly our rooms are his so make sure he doesn't look at our refrigerators."

I sigh, "Alright I'll try to apologize." I went to his room, the door was opened. I see him on bed crying. I guess I really did went too far. I sat beside him and came up with, "Sorry about that." He was startled by my presence. "I-It's okay." Why is he so nice to me yet I tried to make him get fired?

"W-Why are you so nice to me even though I treated you like crap?" I was astonished. "Well first of all, you're a woman and second, I just can't find myself mad at you." I blushed, he thinks I'm pretty? He saw my face, "N-No not like that." Kaneki assured himself. "Oh ok." I brushed that topic off. "So wanna work still?" I asked him.

"Sure."

No "shut up" this time? Kaneki thought.