Chapter 5

| Touka |

A couple of days later after the date, Kaneki decided to not speak to me. I really wanted to talk to him but my body and mind just says to let him be. That's until Haise came...

The bell rung as the door opens to be Haise and his friends. "Yo Touka." He greeted me with his hands moving side to side. "Hey." I replied back as they sat down. "What do you want today?" I took out a notepad. "How about 5 of your best coffees." Haise winked as I blushed. "I never saw Sassan that seductive." A girl with green hair with an eyepatch. "It's just normal Mutsuki." A boy with orange hair with pointy teeth spoke. I feel slightly uncomfortable from what Haise's friends look like.

"Will that be it?"

"Yeah." Haise smiled. I gave the notepad to Kaneki as he makes it. After he was finally done I gave them to the 5 as they spit out the coffee which surprised me. "What's with this coffee, it taste like crap." A boy with black hair said. "Urie! Be nice!" Haise yelled. "Coffee? Tasting bad?" Yoshimaru appeared. "Yeah dude, I don't know who made them." Yoshimaru brought the coffee from the customers and puts it in his mouth. After he stops, "Oh my, this coffee really does. Kaneki did you make this?" Yoshimaru asked.

"Ah y-yes!"

"What the hell man! That coffee taste like shit!" Haise stood up. "Haise!" I yelled at him making him sit down. "Kaneki, come to my office please, we have a discussion about that coffee." Yoshimaru and Kaneki both left to go upstairs. "I'm sorry Touka-chan, it's just the coffee. I've been really stressed." Haise scratched the back of his head. "It's okay I guess."
"To make you feel better how about we hang out?"

"U-Um sure.." The 6 of us left...

| Kaneki |

Oh boy I hope I don't get fired, it's the only job I really get to see Touka everyday unless I go to the cafe. But I also need the money. Me and Yoshimaru sat down in opposite directions.

"S-Sir I made sure the coffee was made like it normally is." It's true, I did.

"I know Kaneki. But that coffee, when I tasted it, I felt sadness, anger and jealousy." Wait, how did he know I was having those kind of feelings when making the coffee.

"How-."

"Kaneki.... for the coffee to taste great, you must put all your passions and youth inside it as you're making it otherwise it would be bad even for humans." He explained.

"I see... I'll try to." I stood up with confidence as he nods and smiles.

I went downstairs and went back to working only to find out Touka isn't here. "Nishio Senpai, where's Touka?" I asked him. "Haaa? Last time I saw shitty Touka was her leaving with the guy and his friends. Guess she's skipping wo-." I ran towards the front door and found Touka talking with this Haise dude. I walked to them, "Touka, you need to get to work." I asked nicely. She was ignoring me. "Touka?" I said, waiting for an answer. "She's not interested in you dude. Just leave her alone." That Haise spoke those words that hurt me. "I didn't say anything to you so you shouldn't say anything back to me." I talked back. "Nani?" Haise stood up, he was of course taller.

He has an eyepatch just like Mutsuki? Haise thought.

"Don't make me repeat myself." I felt my anger boiling up each second. "Try me, I'm a ghoul investigator." As I backed down. A ghoul investigator? B-But. "I'm human so if you decide to kill me, you are considered a murderer." I outsmarted him. "Enough is enough, let's just get to work Kaneki." Touka grabbed my arm as she pulls me to the shop leaving Haise speechless. I couldn't help but have a little smirk over my victory over a ccg member.

Touka continues to pull me but somewhere that's not at the main room but her room. She sat on her bed as I sat on my knees waiting for a punch to land on my face. "So Kaneki, you decide to talk to me." Touka looked at me. "Well Yoshimaru told me." It was so awkward considering we've been avoiding each other like cutting people off. "I see, so about the date."

"It's okay Touka, I understand you're happy with him than me."

"No you got it all wrong I..." She couldn't speak anymore.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She kept those words a secret.

"Should we get back to work Touka." I stood up.

"Sure.." She gave me a quick hug as she leaves first.