Chapter 4

| Touka |

Both me and Kaneki continued to work again forgetting the past 10 Minutes. I just carried the cups of tea and coffee and Kaneki should just make them. They are pretty decent for the customers to like them. "Hey waitress come here for a sec." Some guy gestured his hand to go towards him. "What do you need?" I asked. "How about you?" He grinned. "Sorry but she isn't free.." Kaneki glared at the man.

"Eh? And who are you?" "I'm the new employee, Ken Kaneki and your orders are not in the menu so this might be the wrong place mister." Kaneki spoke out, the customers were looking at him intensely. "Heh, see ya loser." The guy left.
"Why'd you do that?" I whispered. "O-Oh it's nothing." He continues doing his job.

The shop was almost closing time as me and him swept the floor so it would be clean. I threw the trash in the trash can and washed the cups and plates. Finally a rest, I was sweating. That was some great warm up though, having to move every part of your body such as your arm, your hand, your waist and your leg. Gotta take my steps.

"U-Um, Touka." I heard Kaneki's voice speak to me as I turn my head to his direction. "Yes?" I replied, waiting for a good answer for why he asked my name. "Tomorrow, you think we c-can go in a d-d-d." He couldn't speak out the last word. "Spit it out." I scoffed. "Date." I stood still for a moment. A date. A date with a human, an actual date. But it's not like I have feelings for him.

"Sure." I said without no emotion. He was happy, "Thanks!" He left to his room to sleep.

| The Next Day |

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I stopped my alarm clock and stood up. I yawned with the mouth of a lion and remembered about the date. I stood off my bed and went to the bathroom to get ready, brushing my teeth, washing my face and fixing my hair. I put on some regular clothes other than the shop's uniform and went downstairs.

I see Kaneki with a black long sleeve shirt and white pants. It still bothers me why he still has that eye patch on his face. "H-Hello Touka." He greeted me with a stuttered sentence. "Hey." I looked at him with a blank expression. "So where we going?" I asked him. "Well I didn't really know where to go since I forgot to plan it so I guess the park." He chuckled. "Idiot." I mumbled. "Pardon?" "Nothing."

A few minutes later we were already walking over there. We said nothing each other because it was so awkward until Kaneki brought something up. "So, What are thinks you like and don't like?" He asked. "Hmm well I don't like birds and I like rabbits." I answered his question. "Oh cool I like reading books obviously and I don't like losing love ones." He said. It's pretty obvious he likes books and I don't like losing my love ones either.

"Oh hey there's a bench we can sit on." Kaneki pointed an empty bench, honestly I'm also tired of walking as well. We both sat there and didn't say anything. Maybe this date really is a bad idea, we both have nothing in common. I was gonna speak up till I saw Kaneki smile happily and went to whatever he went.

"Guess he left first." I said to myself as I was about to stand up. "What's a lonely lady doing here?" A voice spoke to me, I looked the left side to see a man with white hair and black hair on the center. "I was just about to leave." I said. "I saw your date left you, do you think I can cheer you up?"

"Sure I guess."

"Great! The names Sasaki Haise, a ghoul investigator." He introduced himself, shit... he's also human and he kills ghouls.

"I'm Touka." He grabbed my hand as I blushed. "Let's go to a better place." He took me to a playground. "Really a playground?" I wasn't impressed, at least Kaneki had a better area. "Hey it's the best thing I can do besides going to a farther place." He chuckled, well he is right. "Guess you're right, let's go on the swings." I pointed at the lonely swings, I remember when I used to go there with my brother Ayato, too bad he's in Aogiri.

"So what do you do in life Touka?" Haise asked. "Nothing really, I just go to Kamii University and work at a cafe called Anteiku." "Oh Anteiku? I heard they had delicious coffee and it just hits the spot." He rubbed his stomach, I chuckled for the first time in forever. "Thanks." I smiled.

"Umm Touka?..." I looked forward to see Kaneki with a bunch of flowers and a stuffed rabbit. "Oh um hi Kaneki." The scene was just awkward. He sighed, "Guess I'll leave." Kaneki dropped both things and walked away. I don't know why but I just let him walk away. I was just so sorry about it, I thought he left me. "Well that was awkward, looks like I got to work. See ya." Haise kissed my cheeks and left. As well as Kaneki.

"Kaneki?" I called out for him, he didn't even bothered looking. I guess I should be there too.

| Kaneki |

I walked away ignoring Touka, she was somewhat happy with that boy. Happier with him than me.

Hide - Yo how did your date go?

Kaneki - Awful, after I left to get some gifts to cheer her up. A boy was already making her laugh and smile.

Hide - Aw Dammit. What does he look like?

Kaneki - White hair and black hair covering in the center.

Hide - Hmmm I don't know him either, just try to find another way to win Touka.

Kaneki - I'll try but I'm losing hope already.

Hide - No worries. You just need patience. Cya.

Kaneki - See ya.